Good Service Appreciation Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prodigy_101 View Post
    I think i have a problem with my transmission...do you think they have the expertise to fix it...I know its a big job...
    Dude !! X Service Center do better job than AGMC and Tony Edwards, everyone has appreciated their work and they have professionals working down there, talk to Shakil once you're there and he'll sort out any biggest problem you can ever have :)

Comment

Thanks Dear...will call them first thing in the morning....can wait to get this fixed by someone who knows what they are doing......

Comment

i didnt have the chance to visit x service since my car is still good on going, (i hope not to :P), but u guys do excellent jobs

well done

Comment

I wasnt planning on posting anything on this thread but as it is, X Service Centre truly is a lifesaver.

SO my story goes like this: I just got a used X5 - my first BMW - from Abu DHabi last week and I sort of "expected" that the guys there fixed everything on the car before getting it sold (I know, my mistake, never trust a dealer and inspect the car fully before paying up). I drove back to Dubai in a hurry and was happy I had my dream car at the garage.

As it turns out, not everything was as it should be. The next day i saw the following faults: park and signal lights are busted, my PDC is busted, the damned engine light was always on (although when I left Abu Dhabi I swear it was off), DSC sometimes shows that its not active, Self Suspension is also inactive, my left side mirror is literally just hanging from its fixture point and with busted motors, the Navigation CD is not there, the CD changer unit itself is missing, the sat phone is missing and the screen had 15% dead pixels.

I had phoned the guy who sold me the car last week and he said he needs to see the car - so in short, I have to drive back to Abu Dhabi to have this all fixed. Maybe even spend the night there.

I thought of it for a while and I decided to just bring my car for a check at X Service and hope that they could fix it quickly (specially the signal and park lights). It turns out they have a lot of work lined up yesterday but they were kind enough to schedule me for a full check. I agreed and walked back to my car, pushed the key and tried to start it. *Click* Battery dead.

I cant believe that the battery added up to the already long list of must-fixes. Plus I had an appointment in 2 hours to take my wife for a check-up at the hospital (she's pregnant).

I ran back inside and asked (implored) the guys there to have an emergency battery replacement (since jump-starting a flat-dead battery is useless) and even with the entire crew loaded with work - without hesitation, the guy at the desk immediately called out one of the service guys to assist me.

After about one hour (I dont know why the hell BMW would put an effin battery under the spare wheel) they had already replaced my battery with a brand new one and I was ready to go. I was just so thankful that they didnt refuse me otherwise I would have stayed there at the sandy parking lot trying to get a jump.

Now I have one less thing to worry about and Im taking the car back to them this Tue for the complete check and fix-up.

This is one hard lesson I wouldnt forget and X Centre made it a bit acceptable.

Thanks again!
          Last edited by acutabove; 28-03-2010, 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling
          2002 X5 4.4i
          sigpic

Comment

im sorry to hear that u faced all that issues with nex X5, but will u go back to Abu Dhabi to see the guy who sold u the car to know wht exactly going on? or you be satisfied with X-Center service :D
            thanx for sharing

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              im sorry to hear that u faced all that issues with nex X5, but will u go back to Abu Dhabi to see the guy who sold u the car to know wht exactly going on? or you be satisfied with X-Center service :D
              thanx for sharing
              Im going back there this Thursday to have this sorted out, by that time, I will have the full inspection already done by X Service. I definitely will not let this pass specially that expensive-to-replace items are missing from the car (cd changer, sat phone, etc..)
              2002 X5 4.4i
              sigpic

Comment

Good luck man & hope it ll be sorted out, you must give him the expenses bill to handle it....btw: u didnt check all these parts b4 you buy it? It’s really headache man!

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

X-Service :bow:
                  Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                  Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                  Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                  Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                  1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                  Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

You know, I have to hand it to Ayham, the dude has the best office of any workshop I ever went to!

Besides that we had a bit of a ghostbusting session today at Das Autoworks - besides diagnosing the faulty parking sensor, the guys also picked up a slow leak in the power steering pump hose which I need to sort out quick... since topping up the fluid the steering is way smoother and lighter than before; I just need to make sure it doesn't drain out until it is fixed.

While I was in there checking out a very clean E30 M3, one of the Das fans brought a beautiful yellow Lancia Delta Integrale HF (yellow!) - got the pix, Ayham?? They looked great together -

Apparently a shootout would go a bit like this - check out the body roll on the Lancia!

[youtube]DaK7KhQADSs[/youtube]

(the presenter Tiff Nedell actually crashed one of my dream machines, a Jaguar XJR-15; I will never forgive him!!)

Comment

Well done Das Autoworks

P.S: The black E30 M3 you're talking about belongs to member Bruno..

Comment

There's a man with good taste! :D

Seriously, thanks so much Ayham for checking over the car; looking forward to stopping beeping the whole time...

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
                          There's a man with good taste! :D

Seriously, thanks so much Ayham for checking over the car; looking forward to stopping beeping the whole time...
                          :bow: thank you sir

when the evoIII parts are installed it should be completely ready to be revealed. then will be dumped in a bubble airchamber such as this http://www.bimmers.com/albums/bubble-car/bubble.jpg

Comment

Good idea Bruno.
                            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Navigation Reapir at X Service Centre

Hello Everyone!

I went to Shak this morning to get my Nav repaired. The DVD drive was not reading the Nav DVD. I tried ejecting and inserting the dvd a couple of times, but it didn't work, so I thought it was time to get help.

However, I was scared because I knew that the whole console would have to be opened up to get to the DVD drive. And I really love the leather and wood on my dash.

I talked to Shak and he ensured me that he could do a neat clean job and had done so manu times in the past. Honestly, I was not sure. Still, after delaying for a couple of weeks, I finally took the car to Shak this morning. He told me it could take an eintire day or 2 depending on what was wrong. I was prepared for the worse.

At around 1 at the start of my lunch break I gave a call to Shak to follow up and he told me the job was finished and I could pick up my car. I was rather surprised, I thought it cannot be a clean job.

Well, I reached the X Service Centre and made my way to the shop where I knew my car was being worked on without telling anyone. Sorry Shak, I know I should not have done that. Well, I got into the car and looked very hard for any defective work or anything that would show signs of neglect and lack of due care. Forunately, I didn't find any, so I went around and met Shak and asked him what had happened.

The porblem was coused a 1 AED coin that my son probably shoved into the DVD drive.

I am truly greatful to the X Service Centre and Shak personally for exercising extreme care and doing a perfect job. Not to mention the fact the price that I was charged was unbelievable.

Oceans of gratitude to Shak and X Service Centre.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
                              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

glad that your DVD issue solved :D, good work shak

Comment

Working...
                                X