Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
    Im sensing u love BMWs Ahmad ;)
    The marque BMW means a lot more than just a brand/car to me. Back in my Boston days, BMWCCA would host Driver's Education (basically open track day for insurance purposes) and I met some of the finest people. No one cared what you did, who you are, just that you are a track nut.

When I moved to Atlanta, I didnt know ANYONE there. I posted on the digest that I'll be moving there. Next thing I know, local BMW guys had a welcome party for me.

Mo Karamat (a fellow instructor and club racer) and I are best of friends. Ready for this? We have met only 3 times at the track. But have been chatting on the phone for almost 9 years now (once a week).

FWIW, the E36 M3s were awesome handling cars. Out of the box, you didnt have to do much. Just go out and play.

We would meet once a week, work on cars etc. Those guys helped me build my race car too. The comradarie was just fantastic. That said, I would have opted for an E46 M3 but wanted to try something different (no regrets) hence the STi.

Once back home, I plan on getting an E46 race car for sure. Wifey likes the newer E92 so that may be part of the plan too.

Sorry guys, but buying a car with a chicken foot sticking out of the hood coughcoughmercedescoughcough does not cut it for me hence the Roundel.

Lutfy

Comment

What Lutfy said I have heard many times from other BMW clubs members...Look at this club for example, nobody knew the others a year ago, and look at them.

The roundel has its magic no doubt about that, whether on the race track or on the streets. I personally can't count how many thumbsup I've given random BMW drivers on the streets and how many I received myself. Maybe Porsche is the next best thing, and VW. But BMW is ahead of the game in the community ties...

Comment

Well said Lutfy and Ayham.... :)
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
          Once back home, I plan on getting an E46 race car for sure. Wifey likes the newer E92 so that may be part of the plan too.
          i'll race you with my 997S when i move to Atlanta :trophy:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
            Sorry guys, but buying a car with a chicken foot sticking out of the hood coughcoughmercedescoughcough does not cut it for me hence the Roundel.

Lutfy
            :rofl::rofl::rofl:
            That just cracked me up, "chicken foot sticking out the hood" :rofl:
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
            KW Coilovers V3
            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              i'll race you with my 997S when i move to Atlanta :trophy:
              LOL. Bring it on ;)

Yeah BMWs helped me understand the American Culture so to speak (got closer to a lot of folks from owning this car).

I too remember driving to/from work each morning and other M3 owners either flashing or waving by.

Lutfy

Comment

^^ It's the same case in every country I've been to...

Comment

2 :D ... E30 1989 ... And the one i have now :)
                  sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                  E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                  E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                  E23 735i - Sold

Comment

535 Manual Gear 1989
                    325 Auto 1992
                    E36 Manual with 2j Engine 1995
                    328 Manual 1997 (Current)
                    sigpic
                    • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                    and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

1 but the best

Comment

Originally posted by deepocean2009 View Post
                        535 Manual Gear 1989
                        325 Auto 1992
                        E36 Manual with 2j Engine 1995
                        328 Manual 1997 (Current)
                        More on the 2J E36!!

Comment

it was for 10months only i'll post the old one pic soon
                          sigpic
                          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

The one and only 98 e36 318is....more will come inshallah:)
                            '98 E36 318is 5 spd manual l Alpine White/Black l Sport Suspension l Lowering springs l Custom Exhaust with STR8 pipe and CAT delete

Comment

Suzie - 1988 Laguna Green M-Tech E30 325i SE 5MT 3DR (Grandads car from new, always been in the family) Waiting patiently in the UK for me... Gonna be re-awakening her next week!

Betty - 2001 E46 M3 6MT vert. My baby.

Next.... CSL please!

Comment

I think we can all pretty much agree that we want a CSL as our next one... DAMN that's a beautiful car
                                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X