SUPERCHARGE / TURBO KIT FOR E46 M3....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
    AA and VFE are top notch brands too, how much is the difference between the three firms?
    I know i can get stage 2 supercharger kit from VF-engineering for around $7,000-8,000. Plus shipping.
    Thats a good price considering the quotes i got online.
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Muhannad, BOTH methods need a BOV! Both systems produce boost and therefore they need a way to vent the extra pressure.

Drivability depends on how extreme you go with the setup. Your application and choice, yes you can DD your car without a hint it's boosted.

I would go with a Turbo because, personally, I don't like linear power delivery from superchargers. Besides, Turbo kits always offer more tunability down the road compared to superchargers. Also, top-end power is much higher with turbos; superchargers produce "parasitic" power loss on top-end because it's engine-driven via the SC pulley. But again, it's how you drive. I love mid-to-high power range (and my chip is tuned this way), you may prefer low-end power curve and therefore a SC kit would be more suitable for ya.

Comment

I'm not looking to race the car or anything, but i love power! I feel more control when the car is powerful! I guess i got used to the M3, thats why i'm not feeling the excitement anymore! We used to have a cayane turbo, and now we have a merc cls500, and they both feel waaaaaaaaaay faster than the M3! I know they are new cars, and i know they have big engines, but thats what i'm talking about. I'm in need of something faster, and i loveeee my M3, so thats what brought up the idea of a supercharger/turbo kit!
        Now i'm not the crazy zig zag driver that goes fast all the time! no! i'm a careful driver and i tend to speed when the streets are somewhat empty. So i'm not sure what kind of set up i need.
        Last edited by LSB_M3; 30-04-2009, 05:44 PM.
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

I know why you can't appreciate the M enough because you haven't done any motorsports with it..I know there are tons of cars which can whip me in a straight line, but that's ok. As long as it handles and puts power down the way it does on a track ;)

Get in touch with Chris here and see what he can offer you...

Comment

This whole plan will be excecuted in June, so i will contact him sometime in June. Whats Chris's user name on this forum?
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              I know why you can't appreciate the M enough because you haven't done any motorsports with it..I know there are tons of cars which can whip me in a straight line, but that's ok. As long as it handles and puts power down the way it does on a track ;)

Get in touch with Chris here and see what he can offer you...
              And i know exactly what u mean Ayham! too bad we have no tracks here in lovely Kuwait :(
              I still need that extra power for street driving! :) :) :)
              I really enjoyed that one time at auto cross. it was heaven!!!
              sigpic
              Audi R8 - White / Blk
              Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                This whole plan will be excecuted in June, so i will contact him sometime in June. Whats Chris's user name on this forum?
                HPF Chris...It's mentioned like 3 times before this one :)

Comment

Okay guys thank u soooooo much for the feedback, i kind of feel more comfortable getting into my research now. But i'm still lacking answers for:

(1) Which is a better choice, a turbo kit (think blow off valve lol) or supercharger kit. Considering our weather. Which and why

(3) Once installed, can the car still be used on a daily basis? Or will this be too much pressure on the car? Yes or not really!

Thanks again to all....

1- s/c IMHO... but yet some people think turbo and this might be confusing.

3- YES!

Comment

Okay guys thank u soooooo much for the feedback, i kind of feel more comfortable getting into my research now. But i'm still lacking answers for:

(1) Which is a better choice, a turbo kit (think blow off valve lol) or supercharger kit. Considering our weather. Which and why
                    Turbo will give you more power but will produce more heat. I would personaly go with SC in your case and location.

(3) Once installed, can the car still be used on a daily basis? Or will this be too much pressure on the car? Yes or not really!
                    You can easily dd it. If you drive easy around town you have nothing to worry about, when you floor it then you obviously will put more pressure on the car. That's why I suggest a SC with average boost. You have to do your homework to find the right kit for you. Good luck.
                    Thanks again to all....
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                    KW Coilovers V3
                    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! greaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And sorry Ayham, my bad about Chris's user name lolll
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Hey guys. If you have any questions, feel free to email david@horsepowerfreaks.com. He can answer any of them for you.

Here's a recent video of our stage 1 turbo system at the track. :)

[youtube]VhwLw3LkNfw[/youtube]

Take care,
                        Chris.

Comment

with regards to daily driving, i think both can be ok :) even if u have a 600hp car that doesn't mean ur gonna be pushing the peak power all the time, ur gonna be driving at 2000-3000rpm most of the time in the city :)

i'd personally go for a S/C coz i'd be interested in 450-500hp & not crazy figures like what HPF can produce.. believe me those gains (specially the torque) will make ur car "feel" and "perform" much better :D

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

If it's hot over there as well, you might want to consider the other benefit to our turbo kit....

[youtube]u1pHrGfE3ec[/youtube]

Chris.

Comment

Thats meth injection for you :)
                              sigpic
                              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                              Falcons Garage
                              Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by HPF Chris View Post
                                If it's hot over there as well, you might want to consider the other benefit to our turbo kit....

[youtube]u1pHrGfE3ec[/youtube]

Chris.
                                Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if u read the thread from the beg. my budget is limited to around $8-9k max! From what i've seen online, ur kits are waaaaay more expensive! :(
                                Any info is highly appreciated though :)
                                And i will shoot few questions at u once i decide to excecute on this. probably in June.
                                Thanks alot :)
                                sigpic
                                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                                X