Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper SC in an E46 330?

Just wanted to run a rumour by you guy's

I was told about a guy (in the UK) using a Mini Cooper Supercharger being custom installed in to an E46 330, power is supposedly about 300bhp along with exhaust, CAI and remap.

Is this BS or possible?

I'm under the impression that a Mini's SC will NEVER be able to offer that kind of power in another application, comments please.

The SC came from a rear end totalled coop
    2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I recall the Mini SC boosting around 0.6psi, which is good for around 45hp. So getting about 80hp extra on an M54 is shifty!

My concern is fitting it physically. Lemme see some diagrams and I'll get back to u..

Comment

As I know, M54 engine provides 231 BHP, I do not have any idea if +70 BHP is considered high for mini cooper SC on different application, BTW, what's the power provided by mini SC on same application?

Comment

^^ Research!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          ^^ Research!
          Oh dont be mean!
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

aftermarket S/C kits can give around 100hp on the M54..

i know that's not the purpose of the thread but why would someone want to install a Mini S/C on the M54 in the first place?

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

im not a technical person.... but can a inline 4 s/cer fit an inline 6 engine in the first place? i don't think it will fit not in a million years

Comment

Turbos/SCs application are independent of cylinder configuration....
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

standard cooper S SC is a tiny roots SC that's good for 175hp
                  to make it pump enough air to generate 300hp I think a seriously re-retioed pulleys must be used , but again may be
                  that will be beyond it's efficiency operating map :typing:
                  but may be a usage of two SC can yield better results on that
                  bimmer engine

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    im not a technical person.... but can a inline 4 s/cer fit an inline 6 engine in the first place? i don't think it will fit not in a million years
                    in a million and one year maybe :)
                    but i do not see the point!
                    sigpic

Comment

Probably sourced the charger for free....

Comment

there is a minicooper scer on ebay uk... for 150 pounds.

Comment

for 150 pounds?! it can't be that good a SC to be that cheap... hehe! Nothing is that cheap! EVER!
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                            Probably sourced the charger for free....
                            I think it was "almost" free Ayham, the custom mod'ing to fit it came from someone who could do the job, which was also nearly free as they are mate's.
                            this is all going on the conversation I had with an old mate, he knows the guy and was telling me about his "claims"

Anyhooo, so what's the general opinion then? might or 5hite???

My judgement is out on this one, 69 BHP increase ain't hard with FI but a little tiny cooper s SC does not compute, even with the other mods, in my mind.

I'll leave this one open to comment by you guys, you lot will know (or argue) it better.
                            2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Yes it is possible to fit a mini SC on a E46 330 but a lot of fabriction is required.

It would be pointless cuz you will shatter the rotors straight away!!!!

A mini SC is only good upto about 70k after that the rotors become very noisy and need to replace the SC.

Why would you wana spend so much time and fabrication to fit a mini SC on a 330 ?????,unless you have a workshop and plenty of free time to experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X