No announcement yet.

Cleaning engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its nasty also-u should see my brown car cover that was very silver just four months ago!!!! i also have to get a boy to dust it and stand at least 30 m away and blocked my nose.

Think before you act.

Comment

guys, how much does it cost for engine deatailing only at proshine

Comment

Heres some advice, don't use engine cleaners wich leave oily film shine.
        It'll attract dust like a b*tch !!!

A clean engine bay is better than a shining engine bay attracting a desert storm . A piece of fabric with soap and water does the tricks on the big surface area and a very very short blast of pressurized to water to wash off. The rest need brushes and pressurized air.

A word of warning though, try to avoid any water of any form getting close to your engine electronics or anything in the engine bay for that matter !
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 3ali View Post
          guys, how much does it cost for engine deatailing only at proshine
          The interior detailing, which covers interior of the car + engine bay costs AED 350 but with the Club membership discount you can get it done for AED 265. Only engine detailing price is not lised on our website.. But let me assure you, they do an excellent job !

Comment

for me, as some of u know, am quite anal about my car. the engine bay is an exception, i could not care less how dusty it gets just so long as my k&n is clean. it doesnt do anything to make ur car run better so why worry? nobody check s that anyway.

Think before you act.

Comment

From bad experiences (slipping a fan clutch and overheating my engine after an engine wash) I don't do it. But after seeing Proshine's work and how DRY the bay was I would do it...

Comment

I'm with Ayham on this one, too much water ain't good, too much pressure (air or water) is also not good.
                Pressurized air will blow water & $hit in to all the little nooks and cranies that it just should not be anywhere near, my opinion, don't use it.
                The guys back home use slow release steam cleaners and various products, I'll check it out and cut paste my findings.
                2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Here you go, this is THEEEEEE place on the web for all the cleanest freaks on earth, have a look and you’ll find someone who details his………wait for it……..DYSON HOOVER!!!!!!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...splay.php?f=86 engine bay forum

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ghlight=Animal Dyson detail!!!
                  2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

LOL on the Dyson Animal detailing!!! LOVED the speed bump shot :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Hello Everyone,

About cleaning the engine bay I use AC-Delco spray that is used for cleaning carburetors
                      its pretty good and makes your engine shine as its new... or my second choice is use the original BMW engine cleaner but they are the same you can find them in any BMW auto parts reseller.

This is the link for AC-Delco Spray
                      http://www.acdelcoarabia.com/content.../prd_list.html

---> AC-Delco Chemicals

Thanks

No Limit

Comment

Isn't it greasy??

Comment

Nope its like a soap that gathers the dust and takes it down from the engine ....

No Limit

Comment

Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit. You guys were talking about the prices for interior and engine detailing from Proshine.

Can you give me an idea how much a polish and wax for the exterior is approximately with member discount?

Comment

Sorry, just found the sticky ;-) Question answered. Thanks!

Comment

personally i wouldnt bother buyin expensive products for under the hood detailing coz basically its...under the hood so no one looks at it! but i dont mind gettin it cleaned actually i hate to c that my engine is dirty so i do it once in a while but id rather take it to proshine ,guys over there r doin a very nice and clean job plus member discount its really a cool deal so why not take advantage o that??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X