Open letter of complaint to BMW: No free lunches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
    My M5 service contract ll be expired end of this month and my friend at AD motors he advice me not to renew it coz its simply P**l SH*t.
    I am sorry Eyad, but I would have to disagree with your friend. I purchased the BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate package for my B5, which includes service and repairs and it was wonderful.

I never had to take any appointment for service as long as I could bring my car at the service centre before 8:30 in the morning. My spurecharger went kapoot because one of the seals on the air intake duct broke and sand went into the supercharger. It was replaced by a new supercharger and clutch at no cost to me and no questions asked. I was also offered a replacement 530i for the time it took the parts to arrive from Germany.

I was planning to move to Austria last year and found out that the BSI-Ultimate package is honoured worldwide. Since I purchased it from BMW, I have the right to take it anywhere and it shall be honoured. I am sure your friend did not tell you about the different packages that you can buy and what you get from them.

Unfortunately, most people do not know what BMW can offer them and what they have already. I have met many service advisors who didn't know what the BSI-Ultimate is and what it offers. Just because AGMC are bad does not mean that BMW as a whole is a load of crap.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

im with you regarding the BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate package but not the normal service contract...it should be different

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
        im with you regarding the BMW Service Inclusive Ultimate package but not the normal service contract...it should be different
        :iagree:

But mm3729 still has rights and he should not relinquish them without a fight. We cannot let AGMC win without a fight.

I would reiterate my suggestion. Please visit Michael (Service Centre Manager) at the AGMC Service Centre. He is a German guy and used to work in Qatar and has been recently transferred to Dubai. I am sure this guy shall do something.

I would advise that you don't ask for an appointment to meet with this guy. Just turn left after the Service Reception desk and you shall see a room in front of you. In this room should be a tall, thin German guy with a nice smile on his face and a welcoming attitude to back it up. Just go in there and tell him what happened. If he is not in his room, just wait for a couple of minutes and he shall show up in no time.

And most probably, everyone in BMW Middle East shall ask you to go and meet him as their inquiry would lead them to know that the Service Centre Manager was not contacted by the customer.
        Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 21-09-2010, 11:34 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hasan--let me talk to Michael. Can I give him your reference?

Whats funny is that I still have not heard a word from AGMC. Sad.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Ofcourse you can tell him you were referred by Hasan the owner of the white Alpina B5.

Good luck.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mm3729 View Post

they won't respond:thumbsdown:

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9500/5.0.0.841 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/124)

Its worth a try Bruno Bhai Sb. I have a lot of faith in this guy. He is a car lover like us.
                sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

^^ sounds like Conner against the machines in The Terminator movies! He stands as much chance as he did in those battels...

Comment

Originally posted by mm3729 View Post

Any updates?

sigpic

Comment

Sad to hear that, hope everyting will be fixed soon :)

Comment

i think Hassan's optimism is the result of his experience, honestly i am not so pessimistic either. its worth a shot to meet the guy in person. and tell him what happened, but i know for a fact that some one will be fired from AGMC.
                        E39///M5 (Carbon Black)
                        E39///M kit 530i (Le Mans Blue)
                        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps we should all send a letter to BMW AG.

Or, we could all send the same letter to them signed by different persons.

Or, if the rules permit, the club could send them a letter.
                          sigpic

Comment

As Ayham mentioned before (have been on a long vacation - just saw this thread), i have gone through a similar experience of finding more problems in the car after servicing. Had sent mails to all the guys which mm mentioned, without anyone from AGMC even bothering (except a call - which i suspect was a followup call for the service) to revert back.

When i had got the call from my almost crying wife that the vehicle was shuddering on the highway (10 minutes after bringing it out of the AGMC service center) and she had just about managed to bring it to the side of the road, I was raging angry and used the choicest words with the service advisor - and he was almost explaining to me how it would be difficult to help as it was past 6 pm!!!!! Ayham was the one who stayed over - inspite of it being late - till i came to Das Autoworks and diagnosed it.

In case there is even a remote chance that AGMC would clean up their act (keep better people and sack the bad ones), i would be very happy to put my name on any common letter of complaint to the right people - not sure if there are any as i too sent it to the highest authorities as per their website....did not get even an automated response, leave alone an acknowledgment!!!!!!

And yes, i have promised myself that i will not take my next "free service" appointments with the Dubai service center!!!And also that my first point of reference for critical services would be Das Autoworks.
                            Last edited by bmwnac; 11-10-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X