Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESS tuning

Hi all,
    new here, one question for all of you, I have a E46ci with 70kkms, manual xmsn,chiped,borla,k&n CAI,UUC short shifter,UUC underdrive pullies, etc, I want to install an ESS stage 1 here, does anyone did it before??

problems with registration and/or yearly inspections??

thanks before hand!!

cheers

Installation should be done in a very professional way , other wise you will end up with disasters

registration is a problem ,, if the car is originally not fitted with Turbo or Supercharger from the factory , you will have to remove it every time u take the car for renewal ..
    Last edited by Ehssan; 26-02-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Youve got a 330ci or ... ?

Comment

Agreed with Ssense... but i'll assume it's a 330ci

back in 2003/2004 we had several 330s SC/ed and they used to pass normally. these days i've heard mixed reviews on whether this will pass or not. there are no gaurantees. recently some tend to pass and others fail.

Comment

The rule is pretty clear, no one's supposed to modify their engine or chasis without the RTA's permission, the car simply wont pass the registration..

People are allowed to modify their engines only if the cars are for track purposes..

Otherwise what you can do is, install the supercharger after passing the car and remove it every year before the inspection, but be prepared if the cops find it out, confistication and couple of fines would easily come your way..

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks a lot for your replies ,
            it is a 2001 330 ci, European specs, from Italy, if you look at this picture (http://www.esstuning.com/productimage.php?product_id=1) it is almost unnoticeable unless you look very careful, could you say that it is sc?? It could be installed in 5 to 7 hours.

Any thoughts??
            Cheers

Jose

Comment

Working...
            X