No announcement yet.

It's all in the details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was waiting for "ghoonk the anal" to chime in here!!! Defo will need your feedback :)

I will post the offer tomorrow folks...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
      I was waiting for "ghoonk the anal" to chime in here!!! Defo will need your feedback :)

Am still waiting to hear the good news :)

Comment

Here it is: http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519

Comment

Well, call it detailing if you're not anal-retentive, can you? ;) :D :D

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

I guess this thread shud be locked, since all the Proshine info is already there on the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              Zymol products are one of the best products for car detailing, ive read in various forums where people used Zymol and have appreciated them alot. I dont think any car detailing shop here uses Zymol products..
              It's worth noting that this is the concours-class products from Zymol, not the off the shelf ones.

Keep in mind that the Royal wax from Zymol is rarely used on anything other than show cars, for the hardness and clarity of shine. I wouldn't go that far for my daily driver, but if i had a classic Ferrari, I'd only want to use this :)

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                It's worth noting that this is the concours-class products from Zymol, not the off the shelf ones.

Keep in mind that the Royal wax from Zymol is rarely used on anything other than show cars, for the hardness and clarity of shine. I wouldn't go that far for my daily driver, but if i had a classic Ferrari, I'd only want to use this :)
                +1 You got a point
                I wudnt use it on my daily driven car too

Comment

Ayham, my car is going in on 10th Sept and I will be there to supervise the work, and take photos of the various steps. Will probably bring some of my own gear down as well -- acrylic-based paint protection -- to gauge compatibility with their glaze

The agenda for the visit will be as follows:

1. Bring car down to ProShine
                  2. Walk the service advisor through key problem areas that will require a bit more attention
                  3. Understand the steps that they are going to use --

for rims
                  - remove rims
                  - wash wheel wells
                  - wash wheel thoroughly

for exterior
                  - wash
                  - claybar (paintwork and class)
                  - wash/rinse
                  - machine with medium cut compound (what brand?)
                  - machine with fine cut compound (what brand?)
                  - machine with glaze (what brand?)
                  - sealant (applied by hand or machine?)
                  - engine bay
                  - body trim detailing

for interior / engine bay
                  - leather cleaning and conditioning
                  - carpet and upholstery cleaning

Will also check if they use halogen/sodium lamps to reveal and address swirls and marring.

I'm hopeful that these guys are the real deal, and will be posting a comprehensive review of the session within a week after it is done. The extra time is needed to see if they use fillers (never a good thing) which will get washed away after one or two rinses :)

Also, I will try to speak with the chaps there to see if they can come up with a maintenance package (e.g. AED60 for a full wash - body and wheels, with application of more sealant - to be provided by customer or ProShine).

Generally speaking, most sealants already offer a good degree of paint protection, and the trick lies with using multiple layers of a good sealant -- it won't prevent marring or swirl marks, but it makes it a whole lot easier to get rid of them. :)

Comment

Anyone tried Them yet...
                    PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Not yet, but im planning to take it sometime soon when im able to drop it for two days

Comment

My car is going in tomorrow. Will let you guys know if they are able to completely eliminate the swirl marks and marring. Typically, parked in the sun, they aren't visible and the car looks great, but under the sodium street lamps, they come up glaringly.

Will post tomorrow evening and let you guys know how this turns out...

Comment

All the best for your car
                          Keep us updated...

Comment

sent my car in for a full detail to proshine this saturday, along with my friends R32... I am extremely pleased with the result! the interior work was awesome! my seats are glaring red now :D they cant wait to take some good pics of the interior!...engine bay was cleaned very well! its spanking new!!!.... when I went to pick up the car, noticed that they hadnt cleaned the door hinges and fuel tank cap section. so got that done.

Besides that, dont think they missed a spot!

highly recommended!
                            ________
                            Lovely Wendie
                            Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:19 AM.
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

As usual ;)

Dude, post this in the Review thread...

Comment