Help us pick the color of our new BMW 1M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help us pick the color of our new BMW 1M

The title pretty much says it all. BMWBLOG has decided on the next BMW purchase: the new 1M. The decision has been pending for months and we were looking to change the 335i in our garage with a different model.

First in line was the 335is, a fantastic car, but we felt a bit overpriced. Next, we LOVED the 335d, a remarkable yet understated vehicle that in our opinion was just as fun to drive as the more powerful 335i.

Third, well, we always had a soft spot for the M3 Sedan, a true sports car, both on and off track, and powered by one of the best BMW engines ever built, one that we will dearly miss very soon.

And this brings us to the 1M. I personally have never been a fan of the 135i Coupe, the bodystyle seems a bit awkward, safe, but somewhat classy. Also felt the interior space would be a huge inconvenience, especially for someone 6″3. And on top of this, too much understeer for our taste.

When we first heard about the 1 Series M Coupe, or 1M as we call it these days, we were excited, despite conflicting reports mentioning BMW building an “is” version rather than an M model. Soon after first spy photos appeared and our excitement began to decrease. The car simply looked like a regular 135i Coupe with a slightly aggressive bodykit which turned out to be just a testing kit. Fast forward a few months later, and the teasing began. Different from anything they have done before, BMW began to slowly show the car, revealing certain parts and leaking specific information. To our surprise, weeks later, BMW offered a ride to some journalists in the car, as passengers. Reports started to come in and excitement began to rebuild, but not enough to move the 1M at the top of the list. By that time, the 335d was still leading as our next car.

Stay with us, we’re getting to the point we’re trying to make.

Another few months and this time, BMW gave the 1M wheel to several journalists and enthusiasts. Reviews came in and there were nothing short of being positive and enthusiastic. We knew at the time 1M might be moving up on the list, but….we weren’t there yet. If you remember, we kinda said we weren’t fans of that awkward bodystyle….

Well, December 9th, 2010 came and the car was fully released and within minutes, we were already inquiring on Twitter on what dealership will give us an allocation. YES, it took us literally minutes to decide upon it. Sure, there are some voices within BMWBLOG that are screaming naturally aspirated or Dinan-like horsepower (a hint to our road editor Shawn Molnar), but the court gave the verdict: our 2011 purchase will be the new BMW 1 Series M Coupe.
    And this brings us to the point of this rambling, what color do we choose?

We have all seen the Valencia Orange before, either on the 1M or the M3 GTS, a stunning color, flaming, head-turner, but does it complement the athletic design lines seen on the 1M?

What about Alpine White? That color has always been a favorite of ours, classy, timeless and simply beautiful.

Sapphire Black.. definitely an understated paint job, but for some reason, it really stands out on the 1M and makes that bodykit pop-up even more.

Recap:

Valencia Orange – head-turner, unique, exclusive
    Alpine White – classy, beautiful
    Sapphire Black – aggressive, imposing
    Courtesy of Phillip of 1Addicts, we are bringing these colors in front of your eyes, through a Photoshop exercise of course.

Your role in this? Vote and leave your comments and tell us what color we should get for our 1M.

Source: bmwblog
    Valencia Orange
    29.63%
    Alpine White
    59.26%
    Sapphire Black
    11.11%
    Last edited by SSense; 11-12-2010, 06:05 AM.

the white looks more aggressive.... the orange looks like a volvo C70 from behind..
    sigpic
    Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

ALPINA white :D

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
      E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
      E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
      E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
      E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
      E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

ALpine White all the way! :D
        sigpic
        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

AW FTW!!!
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Sapphire Black for me please !
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
              Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

AW FTW!!!
              +1 :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18†OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Don't think white looks good on small cars - all the detail becomes lost...

:bricks:

Sapphire Black, I think

Comment

This car is different so ill like to keep it different, will go for Valencia Orange.. Black is hiding the lines :thumbsdown:

Comment

Alpine white

but if it came in red, then red would have been my choice
                    Last edited by Abu 3ali; 12-12-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I'm with Ali... love the Valencia Orange... then AW fo SHIZZLE!
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I voted AW before even looking at the pics :D
                        '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
                        '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
                        '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
                        '92 E36 325i Black
                        History:
                        '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
                        '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
                        '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
                        '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

Alpine White FTMFW !!!

It shows its lines perfectly.
                          Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                          19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                          M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Alpine White...
                            - E82, 1M - Current
                            • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                            - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                            • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                            - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                            E36, 318 Touring Sold
                            E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Working...
                            X