[H] Speedometer cluster pixels gone :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

Anyone found solution for this problem? I recently changed my cluster but just after few weeks it started to fade. :curse: ....

If there is anyone with the skill to repair the cluster, i would really love to know. Thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by crease_37 View Post
      Hi Guys,

Anyone found solution for this problem? I recently changed my cluster but just after few weeks it started to fade. :curse: ....

If there is anyone with the skill to repair the cluster, i would really love to know. Thanks .

It needs ribbon cable and drilling to expose the screws. Where are u located. I am in Sharjah. (emerend@hotmail.com)
      You mentioned you changed the cluster. The temper 'Red Dot' visible? If yes then the new cluster needs to be coded. See image for temper dotuntitled.png

Comment

Originally posted by emeren View Post
        It needs ribbon cable and drilling to expose the screws. Where are u located. I am in Sharjah. (emerend@hotmail.com)
        You mentioned you changed the cluster. The temper 'Red Dot' visible? If yes then the new cluster needs to be coded. See image for temper dot[ATTACH=CONFIG]7132[/ATTACH]
        Hi emeren.. I am in Al Ain, and Yes, the temper dot is visible. I guess the guy who changed it just put it in without any coding. Can you help me with the ribbon cable change? i still have my original cluster with me. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by crease_37 View Post
          Hi emeren.. I am in Al Ain, and Yes, the temper dot is visible. I guess the guy who changed it just put it in without any coding. Can you help me with the ribbon cable change? i still have my original cluster with me. Thanks
          I would do it but honestly I don't have the time. However I know someone who can do it for you but in Sharjah. He will charge to fix:

1. the mileage didn't follow the original cluster - The tamper dot will be visible on cluster and mileage is not the same. The mileage is stored in 3 location (LCM and ECU and Cluster). All need to match. Since you changed cluster the original mileage from LCM must be read and recorded into the Cluster memory. This will fix the problem. (approx. 10mins job if using the right tools)

2. Missing pixel - faulty ribbon cable. this required opening and drilling into the board to get to the ribbon cable. Has to be done very carefully and new ribbon cable carefully soldered back to the original position. Takes time and steady hands. approx. 2-3hrs job. Very high chances of screwing up the cluster board it you don't do it right. Personally I was shitting bricks when I attempted this on mine but lucky for me I didn't mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by emeren View Post
            ... The mileage is stored in 3 location (LCM and ECU and Cluster). All need to match. ...
            (Y) Not many know this information
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Guys, any updates on this??? I need mine to get fixed.

Comment

HI hasan_shareef, the last message on this thread was 1 year back.

Suggest you take it down to a service centre and get advice on the best solution.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thank you Wazif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are lots of companies overseas who can repair this issue- common issue as said

But it depends if you can live without the cluster while
                    It is sent away!

Comment

It's hard for me to live without the cluster, I'm thinking of a DIY but afraid of breaking the cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X