Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[H] Speedometer cluster pixels gone :(

Dear all,

is there a way to fix this in abu dhabi? i tried every wehre no one seems to be able to fix it,

i believe its all about the ribbon cable, did u tried with any electronic shop? did you check it new from ADM? coz E39, E38, & E53 (X5) all same.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
      i believe its all about the ribbon cable, did u tried with any electronic shop? did you check it new from ADM? coz E39, E38, & E53 (X5) all same.
      I didnt, if you'd be able to guide me to a shop that might be able to look at it that would be great

Comment

I have been having this problem for over a year, all of the pixels have disappeared on my LCD. The problem does lie in the ribbon cable... trying to find someone locally to get it done but cant find anyone through reference and I dont normally trust anyone with the car...
        BMW-NA is replacing the part for free, with only the labor to be paid for. I wonder if there are enough BMW's with the same issue here, we can raise it with BMW ME and ask them to apply the same in this region. I know this might sound far fetched, but worth a shot.

Comment

well clearly not many people around having this issue...

I am thinking of placing an order on this website: pixelfix.net

any1 tried it or any reviews would appreciate it...

thnx..

Comment

Originally posted by hedonest View Post
            well clearly not many people around having this issue...

I am thinking of placing an order on this website: pixelfix.net

any1 tried it or any reviews would appreciate it...

thnx..
            There are plenty of BMW's with this problem!
            The pixelfix kit I have tried two weeks ago and believe me I would not do it again.It took me about three hours to replace the ribbon!
            Its a very delicate job one mistake and you will damage the cluster!

Comment

yeaaa... it says on the web-site for professionals and DIY'ers...

do know of any other solution to fix it? its very bugging..

Comment

I have tried to open my old m5s cluster and tried even breaking it open but failed to do so.

There is this electrician who fixes them in Lebanon for 80 bucks I might be going next week. Shak do u have any spare cluster? Or I can use my m5 old cluster but the car is a breaker not sure if this thing will light back up if I plug it in and connect a battery??? Any thoughts? The ecu ews are both out not sure if it will function to test and see if this guy's fix actually worked or not

Comment

hmm... i am sure everyone must have seen the links before trying, but just incase i am posting some links to see if it is possible:

http://www.m5board.com/e39m5/Pixel-repair-v05.pdf

wondering if e38 & e39 have the same set-up. heres another link:

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/504260

what are your feedbacks?

Also, if there are so many cars as shak stated, why not approach BMW HQ? I am sure if it was from the club, they would have to take some action. Right? Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    I have tried to open my old m5s cluster and tried even breaking it open but failed to do so.

There is this electrician who fixes them in Lebanon for 80 bucks I might be going next week. Shak do u have any spare cluster? Or I can use my m5 old cluster but the car is a breaker not sure if this thing will light back up if I plug it in and connect a battery??? Any thoughts? The ecu ews are both out not sure if it will function to test and see if this guy's fix actually worked or not
                    Hey Bruno,
                    If you can give me your old cluster I will try it a different way. I have found an easier way of doing it without removing the motors etc etc!
                    But I need a old cluster to practice on?
                    I have a lead to power up the cluster out of the car so it would be a lot easier.

Comment

i will give it to you on saturday or sunday... it's in working order minus the burnt pixels. do you think it will be announced useless after your small experiment?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                        i will give it to you on saturday or sunday... it's in working order minus the burnt pixels. do you think it will be announced useless after your small experiment?
                        If you havn't played with it,it will still work after my BIG experiment with full back up lights!!

Thanks Bruno

Comment

u just exchange the clustar for 300dirham with used one butter then buying ribbon cable and the speciale tools for opening the gage and 80% u will damge it

Comment

but u ll not have the exact mileage which the OEM cluster stored, this is the only difference and for me ...it major :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Salam

It can be copy all the epprom data from cluster to another with 30us coding tool

Comment

Working...
                              X