Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont know it can be! but good to know that.....thanx

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Just buy pa soft 1.36 bmw scanner
      It can read any eprrom and many coding if u need any help in that i will be glad to help u or help anybody in this great forum
      Its only 30us + 22us dhl shipping from china and i know the factory very will and these prices only for bmwuaeclub memers
      If anybody intersting please pm me
      Last edited by gulfbimmer; 11-02-2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfbimmer View Post
        Just buy pa soft 1.36 bmw scanner
        It can read any eprrom and many coding if u need any help in that i will be glad to help u or help anybody in this great forum
        Its only 30us + 22us dhl shipping from china and i know the factory very will and these prices only for bmwuaeclub memers
        If anybody intersting please pm me
        So what your saying is that you have read the EEPROM from your old cluster and dupped the EEPROM file on to a used cluster?????.
        So by doing this the Emulation dot does not appear am I correct in saying this?

From what I know there is a NVM chip in all clusters which holds the vehicles Vin and other varios DATA!

So your saying your pa soft 1.36 bmw scanner which cost 30 usd can re-write the Vin and the correct mileage within the NONE VOLATILE MEMORY chip (NVM).?

Comment

Dear shak
          I know u will be suprise but i had test it and not only in the cluster also u can change the vin in many computer like ews it can write the new vin
          The device had many advantge thing and i am here to share my experince with the members

The device also open the tv wail driving
          And it can do coding for many things

Comment

Originally posted by gulfbimmer View Post
            Dear shak
            I know u will be suprise but i had test it and not only in the cluster also u can change the vin in many computer like ews it can write the new vin
            The device had many advantge thing and i am here to share my experince with the members

The device also open the tv wail driving
            And it can do coding for many things
            Thanks for the prompt reply bro!

I bought the pa soft 1.36 bmw scanner a few years ago may be it can do all the OBD1 cars.
            I will try tomorrow morning first thing on an OBDII with EWSI/EWSII/EWSIII and EWS4.

TV enable can be done on MK1 AND MK2 never tried it with MK3/4

Thanks for the info bro? will let you know tomorrow on my findings.

Comment

Dear shak
              I did not try it with obd1 most of my work with obd2
              I had change the vin number in 540 98 ews2 also in ews3 740 2000
              The 1.36 is butter than 1.4 in epprom reading and writing but the 1.4 butter in coding the light module lcm and revarse sensor coding for adjusting the gap & also its great with coding centre lock for automatic locking or danger light with remot pressed also it can remove any fault message from the obc
              Last edited by gulfbimmer; 11-02-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

ok.. dat all sounds hibrow to me, but i m just glad we can take next step n move forward... hopefully we can have a solution soon to fix this... :D

Comment

there are 100's of different softwares and tools for recoding used parts to another car ,, my advise for ppl with cluster pixel issues is to get a good condition used one and have it recoded , changing the ribbon cable is not an easy task ,

Comment

100% Agree with you.

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                    there are 100's of different softwares and tools for recoding used parts to another car ,, my advise for ppl with cluster pixel issues is to get a good condition used one and have it recoded , changing the ribbon cable is not an easy task ,

Comment

I fixed mine. It requires a a steady hand and patience.

1. Guys don't do an exchange. The exchanged cluster might work for a while then the pixel will start fading away. The problem is the ribbon cable. You need a new one but it is a real pain to open the cluster to do it.

2. Mileage tampering dot will appear if you don't match the info of the old cluster to the new exchanged cluster. You have to know how to do this correctly.

If you guys need help email me at : emerend@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by emeren View Post
                        I fixed mine. It requires a a steady hand and patience.

1. Guys don't do an exchange. The exchanged cluster might work for a while then the pixel will start fading away. The problem is the ribbon cable. You need a new one but it is a real pain to open the cluster to do it.

2. Mileage tampering dot will appear if you don't match the info of the old cluster to the new exchanged cluster. You have to know how to do this correctly.

If you guys need help email me at : emerend@hotmail.com
                        how much does it cost to install a new ribbon cable ??

Comment

It depends on your model. If you pay someone to do it it can run anywhere from aed 300+ that is if he has the right tools and knowledge to do the job. If he drills in the wrong spot you can kiss your cluster goodbye.

If you've never done this then this is what you need
                          1. Ribbion cable - The cable cost is about 115AED
                          2. Soldering T Iron 40w AED 160.
                          3. Drill + bit

You can avoid 3 if you already have it or find someone who does.

Comment

ahhhh so you have to drill it to open that bastard?

Comment

Yes. The screws are not visible. You have to know exactly where to drill to reveal the screws. 0.2mm off target and you will hit the circuit board and destroy your cluster.

I have a 2001 525i that I did this on. Those damn dead pixels pissed me off.

Good luck.

Comment

It's common and it's irritating...

Comment

Working...
                                X