Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTENTION: E70 X5 owners, High Battery Drain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much no mechanic in dubai has the slightest idea how to fix these cars. Most are hacks and come up with these con stories to swindle money out of unsuspecting customers. I have owned BMWs all my life in American and never heard of such BS. When I was in dubai I was cheated by these frauds twice. The dealer in dubai is another fraud who will not service your car unless it has been serviced there regularly. WTF? I can go to any dealer in America regardless if I ever had serviced at the dealer or not. What BS? DAS also charged for 9000 AED for this so called ghost drain problem which I discussed with three dealers in America but no one could confirm or ever heard of. Most likely I was also conned by DAS. 😡

Comment

Originally posted by hb7779 View Post
      Pretty much no mechanic in dubai has the slightest idea how to fix these cars. Most are hacks and come up with these con stories to swindle money out of unsuspecting customers. I have owned BMWs all my life in American and never heard of such BS. When I was in dubai I was cheated by these frauds twice. The dealer in dubai is another fraud who will not service your car unless it has been serviced there regularly. WTF? I can go to any dealer in America regardless if I ever had serviced at the dealer or not. What BS? DAS also charged for 9000 AED for this so called ghost drain problem which I discussed with three dealers in America but no one could confirm or ever heard of. Most likely I was also conned by DAS. 
      Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our sponsor Octane has proven to be very effective in technical diagnosis. Please do visit them for a consultation if you are still experiencing this issue.

On the other hand, i experienced a similar message on my e92 M3 (Increased Battery Discharge). The intelligent battery sensor was changed, the gear selector sensor was also replaced, but it didnt resolve the issue. Finally the agency kept the vehicle for about 1 week and ran a diagnosis testing every single wiring harness (there was a circuit that was still active after the car went to sleep post locking). They narrowed it down to the EDC control module on the rear left suspension. They replaced the EDC module and the problem was gone. All this was done at the agency while the car still had warranty (I was lucky , thank god).

I hope you find a resolution soon. Its a painstakingly long process and one needs patience and skill to diagnose electrical issues accurately. Hope we never ever have to face such issues.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for the warning !

Comment

Working...