3M vs V-Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3M vs V-Cool

I'm planning to get the transparent ones (cause dad doesn't want dark windows) so which one is better. Both cost around 3K....so I'm talking performance cause my Mondeo is European make aka A/C takes ages to cool...

Thanks in advance
    Photographer
    My Website

3k to tint the windows?! that's a bit much I think... for either. Not sure which is better to be honest... I had both and couldn't really tell the difference!
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Want the transparent one with the maximum heat reduction...so those are the two options I know... -_-
      Photographer
      My Website

Comment

Agreed wil Ahmad .. If you are only looking for heat reduction, 3k is tooo much:S

If that is the actual fair price of 3M or V-koll than im happy I went for Nanolux.

you can get some 10% reflector with 80-90% heat reduction for a maximum of 1 K (Im basing the price on what I have paid for my e46 coupe).. :wiggle:

are the 3m and Vkool really that much better than nanolux??
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

It's not just about heat reduction...I need it to be transparent as well...which is why the higher cost. If nanolux or some other brand has something similar, I'd love to try it cause 3K is infact a little too much for me...but with the lack of choices, I'm stuck with those two.
          Photographer
          My Website

Comment

y u didnt try sunguard, i heared its good with the option you are looking for.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by faisal View Post
              It's not just about heat reduction...I need it to be transparent as well...which is why the higher cost. If nanolux or some other brand has something similar, I'd love to try it cause 3K is infact a little too much for me...but with the lack of choices, I'm stuck with those two.
              I have used both 3M and VKool.

The Crystalline film by 3M is better than the transparent one offered by VKool.

3k is a very good price. I got mine done in 3.5k.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Also, where are you getting it done?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by faisal View Post
                  I'm planning to get the transparent ones (cause dad doesn't want dark windows) so which one is better. Both cost around 3K....so I'm talking performance cause my Mondeo is European make aka A/C takes ages to cool...

Thanks in advance
                  Don't expect it to turn into Toyota Corolla with either V kool or 3M :D ,, believe me it's all bulsh!it frankly speaking ,, If you don't have fully covered parking then it requires only 30 minutes parking outdoor to tun the temprture tp 75C at least inside the car ... then good luck ..

I have LLUMAR on 2 cars , and I've been in V kool and different 3M models , they all the same .. it all depends on how fast your A/C bumping a cold air ..

If you really wants a real comparison then , ask the owners of the same car model who uses different tint film brand .

also put in mind the interior color , it does make a big difference ..

good luck

Comment

I'm with Ehssan... never really thought they did all that much, although I did own a black car! the issue is not only the windows themselves, think about the surface area of the roof... that alone is enough!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                      Don't expect it to turn into Toyota Corolla with either V kool or 3M :D ,, believe me it's all bulsh!it frankly speaking ,, If you don't have fully covered parking then it requires only 30 minutes parking outdoor to tun the temprture tp 75C at least inside the car ... then good luck ..

I have LLUMAR on 2 cars , and I've been in V kool and different 3M models , they all the same .. it all depends on how fast your A/C bumping a cold air ..

If you really wants a real comparison then , ask the owners of the same car model who uses different tint film brand .

also put in mind the interior color , it does make a big difference ..

good luck
                      Actually, it does work. If you have the same 99% reflective film on all screens.

Ofcourse, if you leave the car in the sun for a long time the heat will penetrate the car because the whole car is not wrapped in the film.

However, once you start your AC, it does cool down much quicker, and provides the best protection against heat when you are in the car.

My M6 has a cheap tint and I can feel the heat coming in from all screens. However, in my wife's car, you will not even know you are driving in summer.
                      sigpic

Comment

If it would also add 20-30 bhp only then i'd spend 3k on tints :taser: :flipoff:

last i spent 500Dhs on my range for tints (some Canadian make) at some corner shop in Diera & trust me it protects the car far better then 3M tints on my srt8....

Comment

Originally posted by B44DARS3 View Post
                          If it would also add 20-30 bhp only then i'd spend 3k on tints :taser: :flipoff:

last i spent 500Dhs on my range for tints (some Canadian make) at some corner shop in Diera & trust me it protects the car far better then 3M tints on my srt8....
                          :rofl2:
                          sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately the indoor parking goes to Dad so I get to park outside. I'm not expecting it to keep the car cool in the sun when parked. My expectation is to reduce the cooling time and keep the complete car cooler in general when driving. Any difference is good enough for me cause with black interior, I don't appreciate the massage I get everyday.

@Hasan Shaikh If Vcool then their SZR showroom...and if 3M then they have an auto care outlet on Ittihad road near the Mercedes showroom.
                            Photographer
                            My Website

Comment

Go with 3M buddy and thank me later.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X