3M vs V-Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright,

Faisal, it's up to you whether to get your car tinted at V-Kool, 3M or even somewhere outside, you've heard some of the reviews, and you can make your decision now.

If you're still not sure about where to go, you can still wait for more reviews from other people.

Ehssan and Hasan, this ends up here, you both stated your reviews about tinting his windows, much appreciated. :)

Thanks.
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

+1
      faisal you have the following options:
      1. V-Kool
      2. 3M
      3. Sunguard

for me i used Sunguard on both cars E46 & E60 and both perfect! E46 cost me AED 1000 with 5 years warranty all windows except the front one (i dont like to put the top part) and the E60 cost me AED 1500 except the front one. hope this ll help you and got the right one :)

http://www.sunguardwindows.com/vehicle.html

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I still haven't tinted my car cause I'm still hesitant to blow 3K. So instead I did my own little testing. Drove a friends car that has 30% tinting (Nanolux) that was done 3 years back. Driving at night was a non issue and honestly it seems darker from the outside than the inside ('duh' moment there) so I'm now thinking 30% might go down well with dad who anyway thinks I'm crazy to spend 3K on tinting (he thinks I should spend AED200 or so O_O ).

So I'm looking at 30% now (*hides*)...open to advice. Looking to get it done by tomorrow or monday cause A/C is turning into a hair dryer...
        Photographer
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by faisal View Post
          I still haven't tinted my car cause I'm still hesitant to blow 3K. So instead I did my own little testing. Drove a friends car that has 30% tinting (Nanolux) that was done 3 years back. Driving at night was a non issue and honestly it seems darker from the outside than the inside ('duh' moment there) so I'm now thinking 30% might go down well with dad who anyway thinks I'm crazy to spend 3K on tinting (he thinks I should spend AED200 or so O_O ).

So I'm looking at 30% now (*hides*)...open to advice. Looking to get it done by tomorrow or monday cause A/C is turning into a hair dryer...
          :msolved: good decision :bmwbest:

Comment

Booked my car for '3M™ Crystalline Automotive Window Films 50' at Yellow Hat (Times Square Centre) for tomorrow. Cost AED1,800 for side and rear window. Not doing the windshield cause I don't want cop trouble plus my windshield already has IR reduction. Will give input about Yellow Hat service and the end result. :)
            Photographer
            My Website

Comment

Booked my car for '3M™ Crystalline Automotive Window Films 50' at Yellow Hat (Times Square Centre) for tomorrow. Cost AED1,800 for side and rear window. Not doing the windshield cause I don't want cop trouble plus my windshield already has IR reduction. Will give input about Yellow Hat service and the end result. :)
              Excellent, good price though !

Comment

There no point if you don't do your windshield your just wasting your money. You can get a clear tint for the windshield from 3M which is allowed and the cops won't stop you. I have used 3M and V-kool. I say 3M is better because it more clear at night, its cheaper and you have no problems with your mobile. the v-kool seemed to block or lower the signal. You should have think ahead and have done this in the winter. Not when the weathers hot thye charge you insane prices. I did my X5 in November from 3M all the windows including the windshield and i choose the expensive option it only cost me 1500Dhs only in city center.
                Last edited by mn07; 14-06-2011, 06:17 PM.
                335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
                White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by B44DARS3 View Post
                  Note no windshield. Only the Windshield would cost around a 1000Dhs depends on the car.
                  335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
                  White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by mn07 View Post
                    Note no windshield. Only the Windshield would cost around a 1000Dhs depends on the car.
                    yeah i didnt notice that....

Get the windshield done aswell otherwise it wont be that effective !

Comment

NOOOOO!!! Damn it. i found that too late.

Come on ppl.. whoever thinks that 3M is the best... thats a joke..

3M, Llumar, V-cool etc all have GOOD films.. but they are nothing special..

SunGard is the way to go... 3M Crystalline.. 3- 5 Year Warranty? Wooow.

SunGard Films have LIFETIME WARRANTY..!

Btw, the guys are right.. if you dont do the front its only half a job...

Especillay 3M is known everywhere since they have been the first in the middle eastern market but are they something special? NO!.. SunGard has by FAR better films and a much better finishing than any other brand here and again, with Lifetime warranty..

Since i had plenty of cars to try on i personally tried all kind of different films but honestly, nothing compared to SunGard.. The quality, the finishing, the heat reduction etc.. Also, SunGard offers different Color shades..

On top of that BMWCLUBUAE guys were supposed to get a discount and i tried to introduce and post a price list 5 month ago but for some reason i never got the "approval" to do so.

Anybody who is interested in Window Tinting, Body Protection Films, Polishing and detailing, please shoot me a PM.

Oh and let me give you a good advise.. once you got the car back from 3M bring it to me and i will make i new for you since Hasan will pay for it :D

http://tradexme.com/sun-automotive01.html
                      Last edited by Simon Motorsport; 16-06-2011, 10:22 AM.
                      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                      Dubai Investment Park 2
                      The Curve Building Complex
                      Warehouse No.1
                      P.O Box 28638
                      Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                      Office: +97148830851
                      Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                      Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                      Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Originally posted by B44DARS3 View Post
                        If you think so ;)
                        Last edited by Simon Motorsport; 16-06-2011, 10:21 AM.
                        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                        Dubai Investment Park 2
                        Warehouse No.1
                        P.O Box 28638

Comment

I've got 3M in my Tiida, and it's fine. I got an excellent offer so I'm not complaining.

About the windshield, if anyone can prove that it WON'T be a problem with Dubai/Sharjah cops, I'm in!

For my MX-5, I'm considering tints too, so you're recommending Sungard? My windows are tiny, and so is my windshield! Price, etc.? I'm only concerned with heat, UV and glare reduction. I don't want it to be dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozimandius View Post
                            I've got 3M in my Tiida, and it's fine. I got an excellent offer so I'm not complaining.

About the windshield, if anyone can prove that it WON'T be a problem with Dubai/Sharjah cops, I'm in!

For my MX-5, I'm considering tints too, so you're recommending Sungard? My windows are tiny, and so is my windshield! Price, etc.? I'm only concerned with heat, UV and glare reduction. I don't want it to be dark.
                            See, glare and heat reduction hasnt neccecary to do with the color or darkness of the thing.. Any kind of tint on the front window is NOT allowed!

You can get a "cheap" 85% Black tint and i can assure you that a "Quality" tint will have a better performance even if its only 30% tint..
                            sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                            Dubai Investment Park 2
                            Warehouse No.1
                            P.O Box 28638

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
                              NOOOOO!!! Damn it. i found that too late.

Come on ppl.. whoever thinks that 3M is the best... thats a joke..

3M, Llumar, V-cool etc all have GOOD films.. but they are nothing special..

SunGard is the way to go... 3M Crystalline.. 3- 5 Year Warranty? Wooow.

SunGard Films have LIFETIME WARRANTY..!

Btw, the guys are right.. if you dont do the front its only half a job...

Especillay 3M is known everywhere since they have been the first in the middle eastern market but are they something special? NO!.. SunGard has by FAR better films and a much better finishing than any other brand here and again, with Lifetime warranty..

Since i had plenty of cars to try on i personally tried all kind of different films but honestly, nothing compared to SunGard.. The quality, the finishing, the heat reduction etc.. Also, SunGard offers different Color shades..

On top of that BMWCLUBUAE guys were supposed to get a discount and i tried to introduce and post a price list 5 month ago but for some reason i never got the "approval" to do so.

Anybody who is interested in Window Tinting, Body Protection Films, Polishing and detailing, please shoot me a PM.

Oh and let me give you a good advise.. once you got the car back from 3M bring it to me and i will make i new for you since Hasan will pay for it :D

http://tradexme.com/sun-automotive01.html
                              :rofl2:

So the only thing good about Sun Guard is the life time warranty.

Going with this logic, Honda > BMW > Porsche :rofl2:

Ofcourse I will pay provided that all the conditions precedent are met.

The question is, will you pay if my brother wants to change back from your whatever to 3M?
                              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                                :rofl2:

So the only thing good about Sun Guard is the life time warranty.

Going with this logic, Honda > BMW > Porsche :rofl2:

Ofcourse I will pay provided that all the conditions precedent are met.

The question is, will you pay if my brother wants to change back from your whatever to 3M?
                                No, not only the lifetime warranty.. the quality, the finnish (not with that little tiny gap on the edge of the windows) and the performance of the film..

From my "whatever" (SunGard is manufactured by Solamatrix which is the biggest window film manufacture in the US) just for your information ;)

Yes definitely... your "brother" wouldnt be the first one comming to us with their great 3M film, wanting to change it :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: The last car was a 2 digit drophead which has been tinted by us..

Look, everybody can do what they want.. when the people are willing to pay the same price for a Golf then for a Ferrari.. let them do it..its not my wallet..

P.S Me i am going with this logic Lifetime warranty = quality=perfection=trust= confidence

OH and one more thing.. since everybody knows what he is talking about.. Everybody speaks about 30% tint, 50% tint etc.. Did you guys know that NO WINDOW FILM is beeing measured like that :D Anybody ever heard about VLT which is the ONLY and official way to declare a window film..
                                Last edited by Simon Motorsport; 16-06-2011, 10:49 AM.
                                sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                                Dubai Investment Park 2
                                Warehouse No.1
                                P.O Box 28638

Comment

Working...
                                X