need help with DME re programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with DME re programming

i took off my JB4 because of some failure messages related to steering wheel sensor before going to the dealer ,after i did that the car wont start!

i had to lift the car and take it to the dealer ,the guys there are NOT able to communicate with the DME ,they said that its NOT accessible through their tools.

they suspected me to have a tune in the car but i played dump and threw it on the previous owner.

i need some one who has his special tools / software to re program or reset my DME ,any one can help?

thank u all in advance.

There is no special tools to to access your DME , BMW uses the latest applications called ISTA-P ,, but you have removed you JB4 incorrectly ,..

if BMW knew that you played with the DME harness , you warranty is over so better take it back from AGMC ,, take it to DAS and I will look after it ..

Comment

here is an update : my car is starting now (ignition on) ,but BMW is saying that they cant establish a connection to my DME (connection failed) and therefore they are not able to re program it!...they want to change the whole DME with the ECU...

there is nothing wrong with the harness or the sub connectors otherwise the car wont start
      no one told me about anything i placed inside the DME compartment ,they just think that i did re mapping..stupid!..
      the JB4 that i installed is plug and play and has nothing to do with DME programming..

Comment

Better to remove the JB4 unit and normalize to stock then chk again with ECU
        Are you still able to chose maps (0,1,..)? Out of your jb4 , are they working?

Which version is it?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
          Better to remove the JB4 unit and normalize to stock then chk again with ECU
          Are you still able to chose maps (0,1,..)? Out of your jb4 , are they working?

Which version is it?
          Sorry I thought its still installed , recheck the pins again of the stock wiring , u might have one lose or bent , make sure they All in place .

Comment

Originally posted by MR.E36I View Post
            Sorry I thought its still installed , recheck the pins again of the stock wiring , u might have one lose or bent , make sure they All in place .
            thanks for the reply ,ALL wires are in place and NO pins are broken (i saw that in my own eyes inside BMW work shop) ,the car is starting ,but according to their team leader he is NOT able to establish a connection to the DME ,he is not able to read / write any data.

burger tuning (JB4) are positive that Jb4 can NOT corrupt a DME ,even if u mis install / un install it ,the thing you might face would be that car wont start ,thats it.

Comment

Good luck , keep us updated

Comment

am just trying to understand the reasons behind this!
                the car is starting with a crank ,could this be related to the DME?

Comment

Originally posted by Moodi View Post
                  am just trying to understand the reasons behind this!
                  the car is starting with a crank ,could this be related to the DME?
                  Hi Moodi,
                  I am trying to understand why AGMC are unable to communicate with your DME? OR they have comms and wana replace the DME regardless!

When you say the car is starting with crank could this be DME related!
                  Do you mean its cranking for to long before it starts ?
                  Last edited by Ehssan; 26-02-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                    Hi Moodi,
                    I am trying to understand why AGMC are unable to communicate with your DME? OR they have comms and wana replace the DME regardless!

When you say the car is starting with crank could this be DME related!
                    Do you mean its cranking for to long before it starts ?
                    thanks for reply SHAK ,the car is cranking for long time before it actually starts ,and sometimes it cranks without starting at all...
                    i am 100% positive that my DME is NOT faulty ,but they want to change it just because they cant communicate with it with their "BMW trouble shooting tool".

man i am seriously thinking to pull the car out from the dealer "for emergency reasons" ,have it checked by some 1 else ,then if i cant fix it ,i ll send it back for a new DME ,they will order a new DME tomorrow any way.

I have tried to pull the car out of AGMC as per shak suggestion ,they strongly rejected that.
                    some people in the show room warned me of taking the car outside because if they notice any modification on the car ,they ll immediately shoot me back and cancel or void my warranty. ,or at least inform Gap gulf that the car has been handled outside.

is it only me who believes that people at AGMC workshop are extremely stupid and think only in one direction?

I still have no idea what caused my DME to be unreadable by their tool ,JB4 manufacturer emphasis that Jb4 does NOT change or alter DME programming.

I am sending my JB4 to the US for inspection just in case ,after my car is out and when i have any issues ,i ll pass by Shak workshop to double check everything before i go to the dealer.
                    at the moment i have no other choice than waiting for the new DME to arrive from germany ,afterwards ,they will start inspecting the car and see what other parts need to be replaced ,if they have to order something ,then i have to wait for another 5 days!
                    seems like this car is CURSED!

Originally posted by designo
                    If they have ordered a new DME and you're not paying for it, then that's good! I thought they were refusing to repair your car while they suspected you!
                    i wont be paying for ANY part they might replace as i am covered through extended warranty (third party) ,the only disaster i am having now is that i have to wait for the new DME to arrive (mostly sunday) ,after they install it ,they ll start looking for the faulty parts ,like fuel pump and if they have to order ,i ll have to wait for another 7-10 days for the dam items to arrive from germany!

the bastards do NOT keep any stock!..not even fuel pumps ,they order everything from Germany!
                    the car has been parked there for more than 2 weeks and it might need another 1 week to finish if not more!
                    I am waiting for shak to tell me his findings ,he sent some logs to Germany.

ok guys, i got the car back after 3 weeks of waiting! ,they were nice to me and replaced some other things,they change all those parts:
                    * new DME.
                    * new injectors.
                    * new disks + new break pads(front + rear).
                    * new Fuel Pump.

i was nice to the SA as he apparently did his best ,problem usually come from his "back end" that is literally people working in the workshop.

i have sent JB4 to USA for a full inspection ,after that i need to decide whether to put the JB4 back or forget it for ever!
                    till now i have no explanation for the last drama ,though JB4 was installed in my car for the last 7 months without issues ,i doubt that it was the reason for damaging my DME.

i have the car since last week ,but still feel hesitated to put the tune back! :(

i have sent the JB4 to US to checkup and it came out okay as per juice box company ,no faults or problems whatsoever!

on the other hand ,am researching some companies via the internet that can repair DMEs ,if i could repair my old DME ,i can definitely put the tune back without worrying about my warranty.

i have renewed my warranty 3 days ago ,paid $$$ and i need no problems with the dealer! ,you can imagine how would i look like if i come back again with a faulty DME! ,they can definitely void my warranty forever!
                    Last edited by Ehssan; 26-02-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X