Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any DIY workspace in Dubai/ Sharjah?

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if there are any DIY workspaces around where we can go in, fix our cars, and leave.

Before coming here I serviced my cars myself for everything. Working on cars is one of the most enjoyable aspects of owning them and I'd very much like to service mine here in the UAE.

So, do any of you know of a workshop where people service their cars themselves?

Thanks!

not in UAE as far as I know , unless you pay the same charges as the workshop charges , but instead , you do the job yourself instead of having their technicians do it for you .. ;)

Comment

Maybe I should open this service and then charge 5x the rate to finish peoples projects that they don't complete?

Comment

No places in UAE that will cater to this. Most DIYers are buying their own tools and doing this at their home, villa is useful for this. You can browse www.dubaipetrolheads.com for more DIY automotive info. Look at the google maps in the resources section for info on places to procure fluids, hardware and parts.

What car do you have?
        '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
        2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

Useless without a lift.. Gotta get a lift.... :D

Funny though as we were only just talking about this a few months ago in the hot summer. Would be great to get a couple of guys together and do some spannering on our cars/talk crap/drink beers..

Maybe we could approach a shop that has a lift and that's not super busy?
          Last edited by Vanne; 20-12-2013, 12:18 PM.
          Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
            Useless without a lift.. Gotta get a lift.... :D

Funny though as we were only just talking about this a few months ago in the hot summer. Would be great to get a couple of guys together and do some spannering on our cars/talk crap/drink beers..

Maybe we could approach a shop that has a lift and that's not super busy?
            I have 21 lifts to use anytime I want from 6PM till 8AM :D .. lifts is not the issue , the beers is the big concern here loool

Comment

Ok, we can cancel the beer, coffee sound ok?? ; D
              Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

No Beer!?! I'm out. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan
                  I have 21 lifts to use anytime I want from 6PM till 8AM :D .. lifts is not the issue , the beers is the big concern here loool
                  is there something I dont know about?? have you opened a garage shop??
                  - E82, 1M - Current
                  • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                  - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                  • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                  - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                  E36, 318 Touring Sold
                  E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Bumping this old thread, this can be GOLD!
                    Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy it in a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1GP View Post
                      Bumping this old thread, this can be GOLD!
                      Sorry Andy us DIYers are rare here, so market is not providing any place. Head over to Gulf Petrolheads, the online pitstop for bike, car & motorsport enthusiasts in the Arabian Gulf - Index for a good collection of DIYers, racers and race mechanics that participate in local races....very friendly bunch and great knowledge on parts, supplies and related businesses such as powder coating, steel fabrication etc etc.
                      '94 Avus Blue e36 m3
                      2007 LWB Prado. 2" IVD lift.GPS 276C.Bashplate.Rear Pintle Hook

Comment

I like the idea specially that it's difficult to do so because of the heat and lack of tools that you will face while working on your car, what if you guys take a space with some small workshop and pay them some fee for using the space and the tools

- - - - - - - - - -

I know some one in Muscat who started a workshop in his hous to fix his cars and friends and it's really fun to him and his friends as they father around while working on their cars as projects

Comment

Mukh, spot on mate.. not only that, but the people you could meet, friends made and even learning lots of things..

this would be really cool if we could possibly get something off the ground.. anyone know what a shed with about room for 6 or so cars would be worth a month in rent in a cheap part of dubai's industrial area?

Comment

Seriously not a bad Idea, considering I am always looking for a place to detail my car. Given the cost plus the quality of workmanship (Knowledge and Products used) most places offer, I now choose to do it myself. Only gripe is I live in an apartment so everything is done by hand, by the end of it I feel like have a run a marathon in summer.

Comment

I would love to see this take off, i could use a closed space with ac to polish the car and fix some small stuf <3

Comment

Working...
                              X