Members Spotted Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members Spotted Section

A small suggestion: something I used to love on Maxbimmer (when I was in Canada, mainly Ontario) was the member's spotted section.

Where, if you saw a member, you could post it up. Also, if you see a sick ride cruising around, but you're not sure who owns it, you can post and chances are they are part of the club.

For example: Yesterday I was sitting at the stop light on Al Safa road waiting to turn left just before the bridge to business bay when I saw a grey E92 M3 with mods, including a slick black stripe, blow by me going the opposite way. The driver gave me a long hard look. I'm pretty sure it was SimonX, and I was driving his old car, so he ought to have noticed hahaha.

We should have a section for this type of thing :)

Originally posted by Spennie View Post
    A small suggestion: something I used to love on Maxbimmer (when I was in Canada, mainly Ontario) was the member's spotted section.

Where, if you saw a member, you could post it up. Also, if you see a sick ride cruising around, but you're not sure who owns it, you can post and chances are they are part of the club.

For example: Yesterday I was sitting at the stop light on Al Safa road waiting to turn left just before the bridge to business bay when I saw a grey E92 M3 with mods, including a slick black stripe, blow by me going the opposite way. The driver gave me a long hard look. I'm pretty sure it was SimonX, and I was driving his old car, so he ought to have noticed hahaha.

Well that's really a great idea :)

Yeah, I would have loved to see my own face actually...LoL cause I ve seen you from far away and I just realized that it's you once I was next to you and before I could lift my hand I already passed you :runaway:

I guess it was just one of these moments where you just freeze cause you need to check 10 things in a quarter of a second and you re to slow to realize. In this case I had to check if it's really my/naj's "famous" le mans blue M5 :)

Next time we shall stop for a chat...

BTW the car looked nice and clean and absolute stunning and you my friend looked more then just chilled and relaxed, enjoying a nice ride on a great day!!!Were you wearing a Hat or do I have a problem with my eyes???.? Hahaha
    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
    Dubai Investment Park 2
    The Curve Building Complex
    Warehouse No.1
    P.O Box 28638
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Office: +97148830851
    Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
    Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

But i guess we have a thread familiar to that..
      http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697
      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spennie View Post

we have one and it's a sticky

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697

:slap:

Comment

Bruno, that's not quite the same thing. I think Spennie is looking for a thread limited in scope to pointing out members that are spotted, without passing any judgement. I haven't had the opportunity to meet Spennie, but from what I hear if someone spotted him his car would end up here instead:

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293

:joking::

Comment

Originally posted by TRSpitfire View Post
            Bruno, that's not quite the same thing. I think Spennie is looking for a thread limited in scope to pointing out members that are spotted, without passing any judgement. I haven't had the opportunity to meet Spennie, but from what I hear if someone spotted him his car would end up here instead:

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293

:joking::
            hahaha i agree his car will fit just right in that thread.

spennie please start that thread and i will sticky it.

we will be distributing membership kits that will carry some small website stickers on the side windows. So that will help us spot one another and help us raise awareness.

Stay tuned a lot of things will change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              hahaha i agree his car will fit just right in that thread.

spennie please start that thread and i will sticky it.

we will be distributing membership kits that will carry some small website stickers on the side windows. So that will help us spot one another and help us raise awareness.

Stay tuned a lot of things will change soon.
              Thats how I found out about this site from a sticker on someones bmw
              335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
              White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Working...
              X