To update Sat Nav Map on 2006 E60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To update Sat Nav Map on 2006 E60

Hi there, the Sat Nav works perfectly in my 2006 E60 but any brothers and sisters know how to upgrade the map (UAE)?

There is a DVD map I can eject out from the drive. And is it as simple as putting a new copied DVD in the drive, or something more complicated? Wondering any kind soul out there has an updated DVD or share some lights?

many thanks, Shawn

2012 was the final version released by BMW , Final means there will be no more updates for your car , and unfortunately from 2012 till today , the majority of the big emirates ( Dubai - Abu Dhabi ) have received a major changes .

so basically your navigation will show a blank map most of times unless you drive in RAK or Fujeira then you have a good chance to see some roads .

Comment

Thanks Ehssan for quick info.
      Do you have the final 2012 version, will that copied DVD run in my 2006 model? Thanks.

Comment

when we meet next time we can try if it works on your car or not

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
          when we meet next time we can try if it works on your car or not
          Ok thanks in advance! (Y)
          When is next meet-up?

Comment

There is an event planned on 10th July....Movie and Suhoor with the BMW Club. Register your event in our events section.
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
              2012 was the final version released by BMW , Final means there will be no more updates for your car , and unfortunately from 2012 till today , the majority of the big emirates ( Dubai - Abu Dhabi ) have received a major changes .

so basically your navigation will show a blank map most of times unless you drive in RAK or Fujeira then you have a good chance to see some roads .
              Hi Ehssan,

well, I am looking for the same for my 650i built 06/2008, it has the CCC system and it came with the original 2008-2 version of the Arabian Gulf Professional Road Maps. So 2012 is still better than 2008 :unsure:

I would purchase it or copy it or whatever but I don't seem to find any legitimate source....

Did you guys test it?

Cheers,
              Koolpep

Comment

use you phone Google map or the RTA app.

Comment

I have the latest 2012 Arabian Gulf maps for CCC Professional (SA609) , if you want i can share it, just send a PM. Unfortunately my navi DVD doesn't read anymore nor original BMW DVD with maps or third party... it reads mp3 dvds though .. it is strange. Maybe you can test it on your CCC and see if it works. Actually i paid 650AED for nothing at AGMC

Comment

Hi Toxx, how are you? can you share your maps with me? i'll give it a try. thanks..

Comment

Hi

What type of navi do you have ? I see your profile says F10 523i, so most probably you don't have CCC navi but CIC or NBT, depending on the year of the car. The above navi which i have is for older E-series BMWs with wide screen

For your car you can update the maps easily through the USB port in the glovebox.

Comment

Hi Toxx, Sorry for my car profile. I have changed it. I'm having E60 523i 2008 model. I have small screen on the right side and the maps works with the DVD.

Comment

Hi,

I can't post anything, it is not working. Contact me on PM or tox2k4 at gmail

Comment

Cool man

Comment

Working...
                            X