Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Android Intigration in BMW CCC iDRIVE

Hala Hala !

So some of you must have seen the setup I got in the car as an alternative to doing the expensive CIC swap , if not you can find it here : Android Car PC - Front Camera - Backup Camera on CCC idrive - INSTALLED

And I can't tell you how this was revolutionary and way better than getting the traditional CIC idrive , because now I have rear backup camera , A front camera ( to watch over that Mean lip while parking :) ) and a functioning Android Based PC with all the apps ! Specially the OBD monitoring apps with all the extra gauges with real time function ! Its amazing … check the video below :

And of course , Everything worked like a dream ….for 2 hours ! :( I mean the cameras will still be functional but I had an issue with the miniPC HDMI stick I used , it was always heat soak after 2 hours of use and I had to wait until it cools down then power it on again ..then listen to Back street boys :)

In addition to that it was HDMI based Android MINIPC stick and so it has a tiny processor with no proper venting plus it was designed to be used with TV's not inside cars glove boxes !!

Moreover I had another device which had it own separate power line to convert the signal from HDMI to RCA so the CCC idrive screen can display it which was bulky & pain in the arse to figure out power for .

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I said **** it Ill pay an extra $200 and upgrade this MUTHFUCKAAA to the max !! :) and so I did :)

First of all I opted for the state of the ART Hardkernel-ODROID-XU Android Box with OCTA-CORE 8 processors !!! 8 !!!!!! hehehehe CIC idrive is Dual core ;)
    and 2 TB Slim HDD !! This means lots & Lots of lossless MUSIC :) :) FLAC FILES BABY !! in addition to movies and videos

Here it is :

Moving on

I Also ordered the following items to help the system perform better and I will try to explain the function of every item :

Fuse Tap !!

And this will allow me to ditch getting the power for the devices from my citrate lighter and get it from the fuse box directly and still keep the car amperage to spec :)

KEEDOX DC/DC 12v~5V converter !!

And this is needed because the bigger android PC box that I got require more power than the stick and also this unit will allow me to power the unit and switch it off using BMW comfort access :) - just connect it to the Terminal 30g fuse and we are GAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEE :)

BMW 30 pin IPOD Y cable

In order to connect the LAYEN I-DOCK .... read below for the (layen) info

BU-353 S4 USB GPS Receiver !!

And this is needed because the android pc I used doesn't come with built in Assisted GPS , so this one is even more accurate and a lot faster than your regular phone GPS :)

LAYEN I-DOCK Blutooth 4.0 Music adapter !

And what an amazing product this is !! You actually pair your device /phone/android PC in my case and it will transfer the audio to my EPS Sound system in a nice 7.1 Dolby surround !! , no cables , no drama :)

And so in my previous setup I had an Air mouse which was basically a Bluetooth remote that I can waive around and it will act like a mouse , and I figured I betta do something even more dramatic than a remote , So…….

A Ergonomic TOUCHPAD !!! :)

And this is how it should look like installed

I got everything from either AMAZON or ebay and im still under $200 for all parts ..with shipping ;) , I just have to find sometime to install it :( I'll try to do it this weekend if the Wife allowed 3 hours in the basement parking alone with my baby //M :)

Wait for the next update :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

2008 E90 M3 6MT - Nardo Grey - Harrop TVS1740 SC @ 6.5PSI - UCP Pedal - Bullet Valvtronic Exhaust
    - Rouge Engineering Shifter Kit - Fabspeed X-pipe - Evolve test pipes - DEFI CR gauges/P3 Vent Gauge -
    BMW Iconic Custom Headlights - Custom Authentic Alcantara Interior .. And many other mods :P

1996 SC300- AT- SOLD
    2012 Toyota Fortuner - DD
    1994 Toyota Supra MKIV - 883 WHP ;) drag queen - Track only

Big like! We need to talk!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

i'm sure you already installed it hahaha

but looks like a good plan. let us know how it goes

Comment

Having fun While tuning the digital sound output ....

2008 E90 M3 6MT - Nardo Grey - Harrop TVS1740 SC @ 6.5PSI - UCP Pedal - Bullet Valvtronic Exhaust
        - Rouge Engineering Shifter Kit - Fabspeed X-pipe - Evolve test pipes - DEFI CR gauges/P3 Vent Gauge -
        BMW Iconic Custom Headlights - Custom Authentic Alcantara Interior .. And many other mods :P

1996 SC300- AT- SOLD

Comment

Hey Everyone ...

here is a couple of videos demonstrating the system after completing the installation

N-JOY !

1996 SC300- AT- SOLD

Comment

Amazing post, amazing demonstration, and amazing skills for installing this yourself mate! Well done... Well done!
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Amazing!! Well done!!
              sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
              Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
              Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
              Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
              Black 1986 E28 535i
              Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
              Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
              Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

thanks gents ! And happy new year !

1996 SC300- AT- SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X