Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

Hey everyone,

I am a new member here. i have x5 2007 and i love it.
    Last 2 weeks im trying to fix the problem but no luck. There was a knocking sound coming from the front wheels, then took it to a garage. they told me that the bushes need to be changed and it will be ok.
    Changed, not ok. Then they said the shock absorber bouncing, with fibre and arm bushes need to be changed. Changed, still not ok. Last, they said stabilizer links are the problem. today ive changed those pieces as well. Still the same cracking sound on rough roads.Very annoying. I gave up with those garages, and need your advice? Im fed up keep on changing the parts for nothing.
    Thanks in advance.

have you tried one of our sponsors?

Comment

What kind of a knocking sound is it? When does it come? Over speed humps? Or all when breaking? Or all the time?
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

This is the most common issue on all x5 knocking noise from the front suspension over bumps .
        1. Shock top mounts
        2. Drop links
        3.lower ball joints
        4. Or worse case shock top mounts fitted incorrectly, this will cause metallic noise over bumps
        It's very easy to locate which part is at fault .
        Drop me a call if they fail to cure your issue
        Shak (Octane service centre )

Comment

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the replies.

Answer to Hasan, the knocking sound is only on rough, dirt roads.

Shak; I guess your diagnoses are right. Ive changed all the parts you've mentioned above. After your statement now Im thinking the shock top mounts fitted incorrectly. It causing metallic noise.

Can you give me your contact number and location please?

Thanks in advance. Im very happy that i discovered this forum. It seems very helpful and friendly environment.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X