Driving licence and car registration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving licence and car registration.

Hi everyone wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (A) . I have few questions regarding :
    1) What is the process for the driving licence ,how much money needed and what if not passing the exam ?.
    2)I am planning to buy car which is BMW E24 or E34 , as we know that is old cars , how much money need for registration , insurance , and there is any an other taxes for old cars?
    3) How about tuning? Drifting? there is any taxes for tuning?need for every each part of tuning to go for registration?

Looking forward for your cooperation .Thank You in advance !!! BMW FOREVER! 8-)

Hi Action,

1) GO to one of the driving schools like Belhasa, Dubai Driving Institute, Emirates Driving Institute and apply with the required documents (They will inform you on what is required). The average cost should be between 3-4k AED including lessons, exams etc....
    2) Registration is approx. 350-400dhs per year. Insurance depends on value of car. Not sure if there is something specific for classic cars. I would suggest you to check with RTA www.rta.ae
    3) As of now, no taxes for Tuning. But i've heard they are planning to introduce new laws to regulate tuning and tuning garages to ensure vehicle and society safety is not compromised.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Wazif ,
      Thank You so ,much for response , as i see in the some car sale sites BMW 85-99 years is around 6000-8000 AED is it true or i can`t found the normal car , an example is e34 with M50b25(or more)manual and highline interior :) Thanks once again and Happy New Year!

Comment

check what Wazif recommended

1) What is the process for the driving licence ,how much money needed and what if not passing the exam ?.

average is 4000 which tends to go up if you want to take more classes per day. and expect to pay around 2k for each time you fail.

2)I am planning to buy car which is BMW E24 or E34 , as we know that is old cars , how much money need for registration , insurance , and there is any an other taxes for old cars?

450 first time registration fees, 120 pre-registration test, around 800 aed for a 3rd party insurance because no insurance companies provide insurance on old cars. and there are no taxes yet.

3) How about tuning? Drifting? there is any taxes for tuning?need for every each part of tuning to go for registration?

as wazif said they will be applying a set of rules for these things.

these prices are correct, but their condition is reflected in the price and don't expect to find something outstanding for 8k.

Comment

Bruno Thank You !

Comment

Working...
          X