Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bnw intake walnut shell blasting

Hi guys

Since my 335 is direct injection am.planing to do the mentioned job trying to find out where can donit with shakil but with no hope up to date
    So guys if anyone have an idea where can it be done pls let me know
    Cheers
    sigpic
    • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
    and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Shak refused to do it?
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

no he didn't refuse he is trying to find someone for me who can do it
      sigpic
      • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Its not too difficult to do.

You can buy the equipment and ask Shak to do it for you. It will be less expensive and then you can rent the equipment to others who want to get this done.

Check the links below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682116

http://www.bimmerhelp.info/DIY_N54_Valve_Blast.html
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

what does the walnut blasting help in? What are the advantages?
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Bmw N54 engines Direct injection has its disadvantages, as the intake valves can become carbonized from exposure to substantial quantities of fuel and oil. Over time, carbonization can lead to problems with engine efficiency and power. Carbonized intake valves can lead to bumpy idle, diminished throttle response, and can lead to increased oil consumption.

Walnut shell blasting is an effective method for cleaning the engine intake of your car without damaging the intake valve, valve guide, or intake port.
            sigpic

Comment

I believe [MENTION=189127]rush[/MENTION] is the best guy who can help you in understanding N54 engines since he has the fastest 335i in the UAE I guess...
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=2]Rafik[/MENTION] and nice to hear from you my friend, wish if it's the fastest but for the next couple of months I'm back on stock turbos until my new RB turbo replacement arrives with the new billet 15T compressor wheel and upgraded thrust so i rolled back from 500+ to the 450whp max depending on my meth/water mix add and scale :(

I agree with the gentlemen above on the walnut blasting as our N54 DI in short the fuel not injected on top of the valves to allow them to soak the oil vapor building in the intake so in our DI it will end up with oil gum in the intake valves and goes more with the additional upgrade mods pushing higher PSI and aggressive driving, in same time if your car for now idling normally and you don't have odd issues with strange misfiring on WOT from while to while and car goes into limp mode, no hesitation on throttle respond and your oil consumption considered normal I don't think you are in need for the walnut blasting at this stage, as for the walnut blasting you need to keep in mind the intake manifold nipple that goes to the diverted valves ( BOV ) its plastic nipple so be careful when you pull the vacuum hose from the intake side or when you place it out, if you break that small dry nipple you will end changing the whole intake or try to drill and custom fit a nipple and seal it which is really pain, also make sure to replace the seals on the intake as well as the throttle body seal if you remove your intake don't listen to them if they tell you it's still good seals and reusable..... This will save you time and issues later.

meanwhile reading your mods your how much your OCC collect oil in the period of 3 -6 month? If it collect 2-3 tea spoon then your intake shouldn't be so bad, I suggest you replace your PCV valve which also helps allot to maintain boosts and reduce oil vapor, I'm using the RB PCV valve which you can buy it from BMS burgertuning the OCC and PCV can help you maintaining your intake valves and not to go dirtier at least if your intake not really in bad condition with clogged oil at the moment and no heavy oil consumption and oily foiled charge pipe and FMIC.

Consider adding the meth kit to your N54 with FSB and you will like the output of the meth power and cooling advantage in addition to steam washing your intake while you enjoying the power.

So far I didn't come across any shop in UAE really understand the walnut blasting so a DIY would be the best option for you :)

Comment

love this thread....some good exchange of technical info....Thanks to all who are contributing...we need more of this stuff :)
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Dayum!!! [MENTION=189127]rush[/MENTION] just nailed it here lol!!! 5 Stars mate...
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanx bro for the info .. due to my upgrades i forgot to mentioned i do have the rb valve installed and regarding the OCC i checked today since a more than 5 months installed its a one spoon or less

The idea of i would like to do it is as u mentioned i dont want any oil or carbon on my intake otherwise everything is fine

What donyou suggest of meth which one is the best am not taking my car for trk also am using it rarely in summer i have been in PP performance and they said dont go to meth i will face problems with pipes (not making sense) but still looking for meth
                      sigpic

Comment

I would suggest staying away for a while from the walnut blasting until you install meth kit, 1 tea spoon means your intake not that much bad,

About pp guys I have my observation, and I prefer to keep it for myself for now :)

Im running the BMS meth kit with the 2.3 gallon tank with the BMS elbow and the FSB valve and been running it over a year and didn't had any issues at all, as long as you are running your mix of 50/50 meth/water you should be fine and it's non flammable, I'm able with the meth to run 19-21 PSI with smooth curve and ignition average on 1 to 1.5 so no knocking and engine enjoying it, meth is dropping my intake temperature about 10 C degree which our turbos loving it.

Comment

This is a YouTube vid on how to

BMW N54 Engine Intake Valve Cleaning with Walnut Shell Blasting Equipment - YouTube

Looks like a lot of work to me. I would start off with many many treatments of BG Products 44K and the GDI and see how that works. Over time it should remove the carbon the same as it collected, slowly.

Gasoline Fuel System | BG Products, Inc.

The Honda parts store over by the Oasis center on Shk Ziad Rd sells BG Product

Look at this for a lot of other good suggestions

intake manifold cleaning - YouTube

Comment

Am looking for the same one in dubai or abu dhabi seems no one at all do it

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                            sigpic

Comment

Also look up soda blasting. It would work the same as crushed walnut shells

soda blasting - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X