Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sad Day :(

Dear BMWClubUAE ,

As you all know that on our last drive to Jebel Jais a sad incident happened .

I just wanted to ask whoever was following me if they saw what exactly happened ? We were all driving as a convoy i was infront of RIFO first then 2 335s overtook me( 1 Lead Car) as i was kind off driving as a grandma . I was driving at a speed of 65-70 and suddenly the car just slipped and spun out into the sand .

If anyone can tell me what went on i would appreciate it. i spoke with Ala2(owner of white M3 E46) and he told me you were not driving fast how the hell did it spin??

Anyways , I wanted to Thank Bruno for waiting with me for a while till everything was done and for dropping me home.I also wanted to say thank you to each and everyone of you for making sure i was safe and sound .

The car has been declared as a total loss and has been bought from insurance.

I would also like to apologize for not showing up on the 1st of May event which was very important for all members to be present.

Thank you All Again :)

Best Regards ,

Ghaith ( RIP M3 E46 06 )
    E46, M3 06 Titan Silber Grey- Current
    • Brushed Aluminum Pedal shifters , 55C BMW Motorsport Thermostat
    E46 M3 05 Alpine White - SOLD

omg! this truly is devastating news! what was the extent of the damage as reported by the insurance company?

didnt realize the damage was so extensive :( truly sorry bro.... i hope you are able to find another clean e46 M3 soon.

i was a few cars behind you and couldnt see exactly what happened....therefore not able to add any valuable input on how it happened.

Hope someone can shed some light on this...i would want to know how it happened too
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

am sorry for you,,, if you never mind share us the reason why you slip
      sigpic
      • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
      and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Hi Wazif ,The extent of damage was not that extensive but this is what I remember from the Estimate : (which as around 35000 without Labor/Respray)

My Policy was premium so no Used Parts get in the car all must be brand new (Mechanical)

1.Hub Knuckle
        2.Rim
        3.Tyre
        4.Under Cover Carriage Plastic covers
        5.front Shocks
        6.Front Springs
        7.Front Sway Bars
        8.Intermediate Pipe
        9.Exhaust Muffler
        10.Fender
        11.Bumper
        12.Bumper Support Carrier

I did not get an option to repair the car on my own , but I did fight for it. They ended up buying the car and giving me the Claim Amount.

I don't think ill ever find a cleaner M3 E46 (no offence to anyone here)

Comment

Ouch man!!!!!

I saw your car but jesus!! didn't think it was going to be a total loss!!!!

Look, first of all, do not apologize for anything, we are all glad that you are safe which is what we care about. Now a similar issue happened to me and that's when my previous E46 blew up killing the entire drivetrain leaving me with nothing but a roller/shell. Sometimes it is just a message from God to move on and have sometime to think. Look where I am now, I ended up buying a nice looking E92 as per my choice.

Think of your future, your life, and your next toy. It's a car, even though was one of the cleanest I've seen, but I guess it's a message from the skies that you need to upgrade ;).

Good luck and please do attend our next drives, even if you had to be as a passenger with any of the cars!
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
            Ouch man!!!!!

I saw your car but jesus!! didn't think it was going to be a total loss!!!!

Look, first of all, do not apologize for anything, we are all glad that you are safe which is what we care about. Now a similar issue happened to me and that's when my previous E46 blew up killing the entire drivetrain leaving me with nothing but a roller/shell. Sometimes it is just a message from God to move on and have sometime to think. Look where I am now, I ended up buying a nice looking E92 as per my choice.

Think of your future, your life, and your next toy. It's a car, even though was one of the cleanest I've seen, but I guess it's a message from the skies that you need to upgrade ;).

Good luck and please do attend our next drives, even if you had to be as a passenger with any of the cars!
            Thanks man. No plans yet as I will wait for the new ///Ms to come out

P.S. Nice Drift on insta :D

Comment

Its very strange that the car would just spin out on its own. Were you driving on a straight road, or were you on the mountain taking a turn.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
              X