Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS Call System Failure DIY - Solved

Hi,

The First warning I got in my ride (Ref: X5 E70 08) since I bought it was the sweet "SOS Call System Failure". I was surprised what could be and then I started to check over the internet to get keen into it.

After 1 week of Research this is what I found and thought it could be benefit to have it shared:

1- For sure, the TCU is Faulty (Telematics Control Unit)
    The TCU controls :-
    Bluetooth
    BMW Assist
    BMW Online
    Remote functions ie remote door locking, remote heating / AC control etc.
    Teleservices
    SOS emergency call :unsure:

2- The Best Scenario I could have done to go directly and get the TCU Changed (Located of the Left Corner of my Trunk)

3- What I did instead, I took a decision to have it solved as I am a DIY Person :thumbsup2:

I have searched over the internet and get my coded to disable the SOS Emergency Call Option so I got rid of this option and got all the other above options available and for sure "SAVE Some Bucks" as this is added value of a DIY Procedure.

What you need is :(Further Details can be posted if needed by anyone of the forum)

1- INPA & NCSExpert Coding Tools
    2- Windows XP Mode
    3- INPA Compatible OBD2 Cable
    4- NCSDUMMY Software (as the software in German, to translate to codes to English)
    4- User Manuals to get the concept

Finally, once your familiar into this, the SKY is the limit on what options you could have in your car.

NOTE: DIY is at your full responsibility as this task is sensitive, any wrong move could ruin things instead of fixing it.

Thanks and Good Luck.

thank you for sharing your experince with us ,, would you tell which SP-DATEN files you r using ?
    sigpic
    • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
    and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Would be great to get more details on how to work these tools! but i reckon its going to be a very long detailed post :)

Good job on the the self coding
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
        Would be great to get more details on how to work these tools! but i reckon its going to be a very long detailed post :)

Good job on the the self coding

This forum has everything you need.

http://www.bmwcoding.com/
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Hi Rizk, im having same issue. Will u be able to help dear.
          My ride is X5 E70 08 - "SOS Call System Failure".

Kindly reach me on 0552539122. Your help greatly appreciated since this drives me mad.

Regards,
          Madhushanka

Comment

Hi imadz,
            Could you be more specific on the help you need. Is it a help in the DIY specified?

Btw, are you facing any issues with rear camera, tv function or sound system.

Thanks.

Comment

SOS malfunction -help needed

Originally posted by BossRizk View Post
              Hi,

The First warning I got in my ride (Ref: X5 E70 08) since I bought it was the sweet "SOS Call System Failure". I was surprised what could be and then I started to check over the internet to get keen into it.

After 1 week of Research this is what I found and thought it could be benefit to have it shared:

1- For sure, the TCU is Faulty (Telematics Control Unit)
              The TCU controls :-
              Bluetooth
              BMW Assist
              BMW Online
              Remote functions ie remote door locking, remote heating / AC control etc.
              Teleservices
              SOS emergency call :unsure:

2- The Best Scenario I could have done to go directly and get the TCU Changed (Located of the Left Corner of my Trunk)

3- What I did instead, I took a decision to have it solved as I am a DIY Person :thumbsup2:

I have searched over the internet and get my coded to disable the SOS Emergency Call Option so I got rid of this option and got all the other above options available and for sure "SAVE Some Bucks" as this is added value of a DIY Procedure.

What you need is :(Further Details can be posted if needed by anyone of the forum)

1- INPA & NCSExpert Coding Tools
              2- Windows XP Mode
              3- INPA Compatible OBD2 Cable
              4- NCSDUMMY Software (as the software in German, to translate to codes to English)
              4- User Manuals to get the concept

Finally, once your familiar into this, the SKY is the limit on what options you could have in your car.

NOTE: DIY is at your full responsibility as this task is sensitive, any wrong move could ruin things instead of fixing it.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Hi,

I have the same issue on my 2011 X5.
              Can you please PM me the options that need to be coded out. I am pretty proficient with NCS expert- I tried the TELD option, I tried to change some other things in KOMBI and CIC- nothing works !
              All other features, Bluetooth and voice control work fine on my TCU/MULF.
              Thank you !
              Best regards,

Flaviu, Frisco, Tx, USA

Comment

Working...
              X