No announcement yet.

Mobil1 0w40 - M3 - who has tried this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsches use 0W-40 and they also rev to 9000 rpms.

- - - - - - - - - -

The oil viscosity choice depends more on the internal clearances of the engine and slightly less on how high the engine revs.

The modern fully synthetic oils have very high shear resistance so high revs are fine.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
      Is it more expensive than Mobil or Valvoline? Yes BUT the extra penny you're paying might save a bearing.

I use Valvoline for many reasons; saving money is not one of them.

If Castrol 10W-60 is saving bearings, how do you explain the below.

sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I use Mobil1 0W40 in my 530 / N52 engine and it runs perfect, although , using it in a M car or turbo x35 car, i doubt it's recommended. These engines are completely different than mine. I had in my home country a 2.0 turbo coupe (not BMW) which ran with 10W60 Castrol RS better than with OEM oil. I would stick with the manufacturer recommendation, but use better brands

Comment

Shell
          Helix is pretty much the new bmw turbo oil ( which is derived from LNG), meaning viscosity is less thus lifetime is also less in hot climates and poorer performance in hotter temperatures. I have decided to try another Brand just so i can compare ( since i have ran castrol tds & edge 10w60 on my previous e60 M5) and bmw oil on the e92 M3 ( wasnt happy with how it lasted) i have change last week to liquid Moly 10w60 and also changed the bearings at 130 K. Another member will be doing the same except trying MOTUL oil and we will see how the results are every oil change ( I plan 10K, however probably change at 8K).

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE
          sigpic
          Current
          E92 M3 2011
          # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
          # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
          # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
          E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
          # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
          # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
          # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Working...
          X