No announcement yet.

New to The M world :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly wouldn't recommend an MDM. The DSC is enough by itself and with a DCT you won't have an issue since the transmission is fairly smooth. My Manual doesn't have an MDM and I don't find a problem with it at all :D

I bought one can from ACE Hardware, and used it to spray the grills twice, 3 coats each. Sprayed the mufflers as well twice, 3 coats each. All with the same can, and I believe i still have 50% left of it lol.

Regarding FOX, [MENTION=31]Wazif[/MENTION] you know how it sounds ;) ;) ;)
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

The DSC will kick in when you are about to loose traction.

MDM will let you slide a bit and then kick in. How much it will let you slide depends on your steering position, throttle position, wheel speed at each corner etc. I find it absolutely horrible.

On a car that has a beautiful LSD, one is definitely better off without it.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
        I honestly wouldn't recommend an MDM. The DSC is enough by itself and with a DCT you won't have an issue since the transmission is fairly smooth. My Manual doesn't have an MDM and I don't find a problem with it at all :D

I bought one can from ACE Hardware, and used it to spray the grills twice, 3 coats each. Sprayed the mufflers as well twice, 3 coats each. All with the same can, and I believe i still have 50% left of it lol.

Regarding FOX, [MENTION=31]Wazif[/MENTION] you know how it sounds ;) ;) ;)
        OK, I will check ACE out then, thanks :)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
        The DSC will kick in when you are about to loose traction.

MDM will let you slide a bit and then kick in. How much it will let you slide depends on your steering position, throttle position, wheel speed at each corner etc. I find it absolutely horrible.

On a car that has a beautiful LSD, one is definitely better off without it.
        I better take the car to the autodrome and have some fun then, .... just to try it out :P

Comment

welcome on board! speaking of autodrome, stay tuned to some of our events in Oct/Nov !! i think you might just like them! :)
          sigpic
          Current
          E92 M3 2011
          # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
          # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
          # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
          E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
          # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
          # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
          # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Mdm, otherwise also known as M-Track.

Welcome to the club mate, nice wheels. :-)

Hassan is spot on, it's a little less heavy than full mode.. Great for the wet, but off for the dry track would be best. :-)
            Last edited by Vanne; 27-08-2015, 08:09 PM.
            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Welcome on board. Enjoy the M and meeting the club members
              Tarek Ghannam

Comment

Working...
              X