No announcement yet.

87 635CSI restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like its all coming together well :) all the best! looking forward to seeing the car in person soon
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Wazif, welcome anytime to come see :)

When we pulled off the wheels we noticed the front left studs were all damaged and that the last time the threads were cut wasn't sufficient. I tapped out the threads again, cleaned them out and got a new set of studs for that wheel.

We've already removed the cats and on saturday are going to weld the exhaust shut again.

Comment

Unfortunately haven't been able to take the 6er out for a drive as the wheels/tires are badly damaged with severe vibrations during driving. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have a set of wheels ready by the weekend find some fresh rubbers and set the 6 loose on the roads. Will have the canon at the ready and post up some pics.

Comment

Thanks for the update :) looking forward to the pictures!
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Sounds great!
            EURO 04 M3
            Current Mods:GC DA's, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo Corners, M5 SMG Knob, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffuser, DIETZ TV in Motion, AP Headers, RT Cats, SS Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, GM SMG Paddles, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R Projectors + 3k D2S, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace

Comment

Beautiful classic 6 series great job bro, keep it shine and live (Y)

Comment

I love the 6er's! would love to see it in the flesh all cleaned up. I agree with Bruno on the rubbers... just change anything rubber , makes life so much easier!
                sigpic
                Current
                E92 M3 2011
                # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

im itching to start a new project.

yours is coming along nicely. what's left?

Comment

Thanks all, almost all rubber parts are going to be replaced, will sort wheels and tires this coming week after that what's not left to do? A few leaks to care for + valve tuning, axle boot replacement (easy), very small dentwork, replace exterior rubber seals and chrome, complete re-spray, interior has many issues to deal with (carpet, console,gauges might all need replacing) also i dread the time it comes to strip out all the previous electrical fixes, swap the auto for a manual trans and finally engine work... Since this is a japanes spec same as US spec they came with smaller pistons and lower compression. Push it up to stock power or maybe a bit more, there are a few kits out there for the m30 3.5 to increase compression.

Comment

I think I forgot to upload pics of the keys. I got a new master blank and had it cut out.

Found a set of style 32 wheels and put some new tires on them. First set i looked at online were off an e39 so required hub centric rings to fit on the hub, these i found much closer to me are off an e46 so might need spacer to fit properly they're an ET47 whereas i need more of an ET20. Will pick up a pair of H&R spacers from MSW if these rub and hope that fixes any issues. *I'll check timorrow and post up here if the wheels are the same hub diamater of my e24(72.56mm) if so I have a set of rings (72.56mm-74mm) coming on the way and whoever needs them can have them.

Comment

Test fitted the wheels today, rears are very tight whereas the fronts already hit the shocks before the wheel makes contact with the hub, will try to pick up 25mm spacers tomorow. The hub diameter is the same so won't be using the hub rings

Comment

Great progress and sexy shoes ! :thumbsup2:
                          - E82, 1M - Current
                          • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                          - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                          • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                          - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                          E36, 318 Touring Sold
                          E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Got the 25mm H&R spacers on today, mounted the wheels and the front still managed to hit the shock absorber. I've spent too much time with my land cruiser and had front and rear tires of the same size put on, rears are 245/45R17 and swapped the fronts to 225/45R17. Gave it a run around the block and all seems good, we did visually inspect to make sure no contact from lock to lock and as an extra marked the shock with chalk so if the tire does make contact when the shock compresses we can easily tell. Unfortunately I have to go down to AD tomorrow so no test driving the 6 until Thursday or Friday. I'll make sure the Canon is charged for that, enough chatter some pics.

Comment

looking good....does the front need camber adjustment? maybe its just the pics....
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Only the toe in/out can be adjusted on these. Camber adjustment comes in the form of "spacer" plates that are installed above the shock. I don't know why the front end is sitting too high but i need to replace all shocks so will check if the springs on are oem or not, if they are I'll get a set of lowering springs

Comment

Working...
                                X