Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
    Looking awesome!

And I must ask about the location as well!!!
    Take the maliha/kalba road heading east, once you cross under the (611 emirates/bypass rd) pass the gas station and first underpass, next a bridge should come up, take that exit, road has a dead end but right by the end there's a u-turn that you can take to a secondary road tyrning left that leads to madam. No matter how tempting it is to speed on that road whatch out for camels, best is to drive up once to see if road is clear.

The old girl still has some oomph left in her ;)

[WARNING]From RAFiK: Image Removed. Violating Rule 1.11[/WARNING]

[NOTE]From RAFiK: Rule 1.11 Illegal Street Racing, Speeding, or Reckless Driving Videos/Images are NOT allowed on BMW Club UAE Forums. [/NOTE]

[NOTE]From RAFiK: Rules can be found here. Rules & Regulations[/NOTE]
    Last edited by RAFiK; 27-09-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Sorry Rafik, will go over the club rules more thoroughly.
      I should've added the "do not imitate, performed on a closed circuit with professional driver" warning :p won't happen again

Picked up the distributor cap today and some good progress on the engine.

We swapped out the cap and rotor, the ones installed looked as they were the originals from the factory (car manufactured 11/1987) distributor and rotor were manf (85/87) and they showed signs of wear. The pins on the cap were worn down 50% while the rotor looked completely gone.

On cold starting the engine in the morning the rpm kept rising and falling and the idle control valve had alot grime inside, cleaned it out and need to temporarily jubilee clip the hose that connects by the valve cover as it's very loose till it's replaced.

With the dist. cap replaced the idle was much much smoother, as well as revving it up gradually, very faint misfiring is still there and the spark plugs were all good except for #6 cylinder it had more carbon deposits and could smell unburnt fuel. I'll be taking the injectors to get tested and overhauled in the morning while the valves get adjusted. Fingers crossed everything gets bolted back on tomorrow and engine runs well, that'll mean I can take it down to the exhaust shop, get rid of the cat pipes swap the mufflers for a slightly more aggressiveone and get rid of the horrendous exhaust tip to the normal double pipe.

Comment

Comment

*Forgot to actually write in the last post.

Had an exhaust fabbed up on Saturday, sounds much better now and I don't need to cringe each time I look at the rear end and see that exhaust tip it had on.

I'll throw on the gopro when I have time and try to capture the exhaust note.

Comment

Here's a full shot of the custom ss exhaust.

Comment

better complete it in time for the event

Comment

Haha, about to start on the electricals this week. I'm afraid it won't be ready in time for bimmerfest. we're sorting out a rough idle probably coming from the icv, once electrics are sorted might pull the trans out and rebuild it. I doubt I'll be able to get the interior, paint and trims sorted in time though so I guess we can finish up above issues and hopefully not have the car in pieces so I can bring her down.

Comment

Hows the progress coming along? We missed you at #bimmerfestAE15
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                    Hows the progress coming along? We missed you at #bimmerfestAE15
                    I was pretty bummed about missing that, it was running too rough and too rich to make that drive, i was finally able to find a vacuum leak where a screw had been put in instead of the rubber plug under the intake so I'm hoping when that's fixed it should run well and then we can convert the old style air flow meter to a modern unit with a sensor, also putting together the parts needed to swap the auto to a manual trans. So I'm sort of bouncing around everywhere with this project haha.

Comment

Great to see a big 6 getting some TLC pretty rare cars these days [emoji106][emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                        Great to see a big 6 getting some TLC pretty rare cars these days [emoji106][emoji41]
                        Tell me about it, the oldest cars i found at the scrap yards were e34s, i have to source the parts for the transmission swap from the US. Luckily I found a gearbox already I think that would be a killer to air freight here.

Comment

87 635CSI restoration

I think any box from an M30 E32 or E34 3.5
                          Would be OK are you converting to manual?

Always check eBay UK too lots of E24'a and E28's getting broken for spares because of rust issues!

Comment

I think any box from an M30 E32 or E34 3.5
                            Would be OK are you converting to manual?

Always check eBay UK too lots of E24'a and E28's getting broken for spares because of rust issues!
                            Yes converting to a manual. The gear linkage and pedals with bracket were what I needed as well and wasn't 100% sure if something other than e24/28 would bolt up but I did manage to find 90% of the parts. I just need to find a driveshaft and check the actual condition of the gearbox I have

Comment

A good way to cross refer part fitment is to use real oem.

Which box do you have? 260 series H pattern or a dogleg?

I think if it's a standard H you should be able to use the shaft from a few different models

Comment

A good way to cross refer part fitment is to use real oem.

Which box do you have? 260 series H pattern or a dogleg?

I think if it's a standard H you should be able to use the shaft from a few different models
                                It's a 260 but ideally it should be a 265 for the 635. I haven't checked the pattern yet, from the etk it showed the same driveshaft with different spacer sets for the different manual transmissions. Most likely it's the standard H pattern, i should have the rest of the parts exluding the driveshaft in a weeks time

Comment

Working...
                                X