Car tinting Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car tinting Guide

Since this is the first thing people do in Dubai when they get a new car, I would like to explain what really matters.

The main element are:

Visible Light Transmitted %: is about how many light you would like to enter through the window by law it's accepted up to 30%.

Total Solar Energy Rejection % is the main element of tinting is to reject heat.

*I know alot of you will say what about UV rejection just to make it' clear all the major companies (V-Kool , 3M , LLumar) offer 99% to 99.9%)

Clear tinting heat rejection %:

V-kool J60: 47%
    LLumar AIR 80: 43%
    3M Crystalline 90: 34%

For colored tints which vary by the martial it was made from ceramic or metallic, So I took the highest models offered by same companies:

Vkool V12 : 55% to 69%
    LLumar FormulaOne : 49% to 65%
    3M Crystalline: 50% to 59%

The darker the higher rejection it would provide, please not that am speaking about single films not double!

any questions are welcomed!
    BMW X4 35i

awesome! thanks for this info Revolutus
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for the info and comparison, and it makes more explanation on the price difference to me or people who will read this post

Comment

Windshield tint is forbidden? because I see some people have it. Just to make sure.
        Not full tint I mean just a little bit on the top of glass.

Comment

In UAE most of locals do it but I remember that you must get a special permission to get your car tinted fully in clouding the windshield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

different tints and variations

(A) Please note that 3M window films are the ONLY and EXCLUSIVE company that does not have any metal used in its films, as the metal may cause problems with the signal of your mobile phone or car Navigation.

Dubai police also only uses 3M window films.

cheers,
            hamid (Orange Auto Dubai)

Comment

Working...
            X