Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Restoration

Hi guys,

I am restoring an '88 E30 325i Mtech-2 and I need help with the interiors of the car.

Here is whats wrong with the interior:

- Aftermarket bucket seats are broken; they wont move and recliner is busted so I'm looking at a full seat rebuild.
    - I need to re-upholster the seats
    - Dashboard cracks need to be fixed
    - Climate control panel needs to be replace; busted lights & cracks in it
    - Driver side & passenger side A/C vents don't lock into place. So I would need 2 new vents.
    - Hazard button, A/C & Re-circulation button, Circuit Breaker Switch & 1 Window button needs to be replaced
    - Interior lights don't work

Then there are small things like the ash-tray in the center console and E-Brake handle & boot needs replacing etc.

First, I would like to know a respectable interior restoration shop that can fix the cracks and do the upholstery.

Second, I would like to know if there is a way of sourcing these interior parts for cheap.

Based on a few preliminary quotes, COMPLETE interior restoration can cost about 10,000 AED to 12,000 AED. Does this budget sound right? or can I get it done for cheaper?

Why dont you buy from ebay? And follow the diys? It will be cheaper for you
    sigpic
    • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
    and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by deepocean2009 View Post
      Why dont you buy from ebay? And follow the diys? It will be cheaper for you
      I checked that out too. Buying a new dashboard is still expensive.. about 4000 AED including shipping. And it does not include the panels, vents or buttons. Thats why I'm considering just fixing the cracks and painting the dash. And I can't DIY upholstery work! Atleast I don't have the expertise.

I might still get some stuff from eBay though - like the buttons, HVAC panel etc.

Comment

Hey Sujith87, pass by our sponsor to get some feedback on what they can/cannot do. They could also recommend a few other shops for the associated dashboard works for you. The amount you stated sounds about right especially if its going to be a full interior restoration.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
        X