Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a replacement 6 CD Changer for the E46 330CI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I bought a 2005 330Ci Convertible 2 weeks back and immediately took her to the X Service Center to do a lot of repairs, dent removal, and interior / exterior detailing.

The guy I bought it from told me when I bought it that the CD Changer only works with original CDs and not ones copied from a computer which I found very fishy. Anyway I thought this would be an easy fix.

Now my car is almost done as the X Service Center told me they just have to do the dent removal / polishing tomorrow but I did ask them to check the CD Changer and the service advisor informed it in isn't working but they cannot help I would have to get it from somewhere else.

Now where can I get a genuine 6 CD Changer replacement for my car? and how much would it be?

I wanted to put a sound system in the car but I didn't wanna change the head unit because if I do, I would lose the audio controls on the steering wheel and since I like perfection, I want everything working, don't wanna have some controls on the steering wheel that are not functional.

You can go for aftermarket brand with steering control.. but it will cost you more than fixing your cd changer check on sharjah industrial
    sigpic
    • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
    and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

My advice, is for you to go to Sharjah, get a genuine CD Changer from a totaled car and replace it with yours. Should work like a charm.
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
        My advice, is for you to go to Sharjah, get a genuine CD Changer from a totaled car and replace it with yours. Should work like a charm.
        Right, sounds like a plan, can you guide me where though? I know BMW Road in the industrial area

Comment

The cassette in these gets stuck and it then seems it's broken- had the same in my M3- try tapping the changer cassette while pressing the eject button- worked for me and the changer is fine again.

I also changed the head unit (tape) to a single slot CD which does play MP3 CD's

Comment

BMW's headunits are great IMO and don't require any changing.
            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I agree stick with genuine BMW.

If you want a BMW head unit that plays MP3 and has aux input you need to look for an Alpine head unit code 65.126943429

They are quite rare though unfortunately

Comment

Grats for the car
                Its my best choice too
                The guys pretty much told you all what u need, however if you shall need further guidance where to find what in sharja you can inbox me to contact and arrange ... All the best and hope to see you on friday event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpic
                E46FANATIC

Comment

Originally posted by E46Fanatic View Post
                  Grats for the car
                  Its my best choice too
                  The guys pretty much told you all what u need, however if you shall need further guidance where to find what in sharja you can inbox me to contact and arrange ... All the best and hope to see you on friday event

Thanks bro, The X Service Center sent the CD Changed to an Audio shop and they fixed it.

My wife told me about the event, she has a 2016 428Ci and I will also be coming to the event with my 330Ci

hope to see you and the others there soon to show you my new toy

Comment

Why always wife has to get the new car [emoji23][emoji23][emoji24][emoji24]
                    Where is the man's rights
                    Fight back and take the car man

Good luck and see u there ;)

sigpic
                    E46FANATIC

Comment

Working...
                    X