Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The X Service Center does not have the ability to fix a small front bumper issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X Service Center does not have the ability to fix a small front bumper issue

So I noticed the other day that my left hand side corner of the bumper is not perfectly aligned with the body, as in, there is like a 7 cm gap between the body and the bubmper itself, not perfectly aligned and fitted like the right side.

I tried pressing it with my hand from the bottom upwards but it wouldn't snap back in to place. I thought this was an easy thing so I took it to the X Service center then they showed me tha there is like a little plastic from broken.

So they kind of glued it as they said back in to place but it isn't properly done. I told them I was not happy as there is barely any difference form how I brought it to them to what it looks like now.

The service advisor told me that the expert detailing/body repair guy is on vacation for 1.5 months so I can bring it in again when he comes to do it properly. This is very sad that a so called agency like quality repair shop only has one person that knows what he's doing when it comes to body repairs.

Where can I take it? I don't want to be without my car as I don't have any other ride, is there a place I can take it to that can fix it on the spot? How much do you think it would cost?

Try contacting our sponsors Octane and Kinetechnik, they might be able to help you out. There are plenty of body shops around Al quz area as well.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

alright thanks bro

I just spoke with Hitesh From Octane and he was very accommodating telling me to bring my car immediately and if it's not a big issue, they will do it on the spot
      Last edited by Phoenix; 06-01-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Great to know that :) our sponsors also offer discounts to Gold members. Details on how to become one can be found here
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
          Great to know that :) our sponsors also offer discounts to Gold members. Details on how to become one can be found here
          So I took my car to Octane for an oil change and met with Shack who was very accommodating as in, they were very busy but after telling him that I would like to not keep the car there for a day since I live in Silicon Oasis, he had the guys check it out and do the repair on the spot! What came as a bigger surprise is he did it without charging me and just kept it on the house! very generous!

I did ask them to also change my oil to a genuine BMW oil and they also double checked all the previous repairs/parts changed from the X Service center just to ensure everything was done right and then they noticed I had a small leak in the radiator which is great that they spotted it at an early stage so the car is being there for repairs at the moment. I wish I listened to you guys before and just took it there from the start instead of paying 27K to the X Service Center and receiving a very average repair job in terms of body work and polish.

I will always go to Octane from now on.

PS: Once I get a job I will become a gold member, right now I have been unemployed for 2 years because I'm Syrian and fixing my current BMW 330Ci has drilled a big hole in my pocket, it makes my heart ache. Paid over 29K in repairs

Comment

Glad you got good service. This is kind of value addition we aim to offer as bmw club uae for owners of bmws and bmw enthusiasts

Sent from mobile device
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
            X