Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which one to delete? resonator, muffler or catalityc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which one to delete? resonator, muffler or catalityc?

hi guys im confuse which one to delete? i want to have some beast sound on my e39. which one will give more power on the car? thanks

I'd suggest you remove your catalytic converters and replace them with straight pipes. One thing you have to take care of is your O2 sensors, as your car might throw couple of errors due to different readings. One way to solve that is to add a washer/nut for the O2 sensor bracket, as it'll act as a spacer. The idea is to let the O2 sensor read less PPM from the new readings.

when fixed together + the sensor, they should look like this.

Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

thanks sir rafik... do you know any shop here in dubai can do this?

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post

I'd suggest you remove your catalytic converters and replace them with straight pipes. One thing you have to take care of is your O2 sensors, as your car might throw couple of errors due to different readings. One way to solve that is to add a washer/nut for the O2 sensor bracket, as it'll act as a spacer. The idea is to let the O2 sensor read less PPM from the new readings.

when fixed together + the sensor, they should look like this.

Perfect

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
        and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by dae View Post
          thanks sir rafik... do you know any shop here in dubai can do this?
          You can order ur dp online and contact octane garage for fixing

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

will there be any problem on passing with rta if the cats will be deleted and the car roar?

Comment

possibly yes...depends how loud and what the emission readings are like
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I'm looking at doing just a muffler delete and keeping everything else stock. I'm looking for some more deep notes and nothing loud or obnoxious. Any recommendations/suggestions?

Comment

a resonator delete might help you achieve what you want. Touching the cats means passing issues, CEL issues and will require a tune to make sure you are AFR is measured correctly ( so that you dont get a CEL)
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Deleting the cats will not cause any problems with the emissions test. The test is done at idle. You would have problems if it was a rolling test.

The AFR is managed by the pre cat O2 sensors so it is not affected much even if you delete the cats. The CEL is for increased emissions, so the tuners disable the fault code for the cat monitoring.
                    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
                    X