• Show
Clear All

DAS Autoworks 1/5

- Date/Time of Visit: March 2015
    - Contact Persons: Ayham and Mohgni
    - Reason of Visit:
    Strange noises in Gearbox
    Solution new GearBox

+New subframe bushings and differencial bushings from Revshift(Blue OEM feel).
    +Work on 2 caliper Bleed Nipples

- Rating out 1 of 5:

- Comments/Review/Feedback:

Initial Ayham was very thoughtfull and answered all my call and doubts but as the job delayed in to a 6 weeks marathon(gearbox delivery added some of this time) the service detiorated , no answerded calles, ridiculouse excusses for the delays, no replies to email or texts.
    The delivery date was pushed leveral days with unbelievable excusses.
    Eventually I toke the day and literally sat in the workshop from morning until evening untill they finished the job.

I had to procure most of the parts (gearbox included).

I could eventually live with the delays and the shady nature of the comunication with DAS.

But what I cannot stand for is imporper work at premium prices.

ACTUAL WORK DONE PROBLEMS!

1.Starter Motor was badly installed! Dowelpin was put agains the face of the Gearbox bellhousing!
    (detected some weeks later as the starting sound was funny) fortunattly I hadnt run the car after bringing it back from DAS.

Dowelpin.jpg

2.Badly installed Differential Front Bushing. Eventually Failled (Jan 2016 only 8000km later)
    Spoke with the Part supplier Revshift and they confirm that there is missing a washer in the instalation.

P1210428.JPG

P1210450.JPG

How should be

IMG_3478.jpg

INVOICE PROBLEMS!

3. Phantome charges
    Ayham claims some charges for clearing the Gearbox from customs.
    I am yet to receive the invoices for the full amount I payed related to customs clearance of the (gearbox).
    Have sent countless emails and whatsapps and texts on this. Not even a reply from Ayham after I payed.

4.Charging 4 liter to bleed off brakes

The worst was that when contronted Ayham with that he said that the Units on the invoice were not Liters!! and he could not tel me what units were! an unbelieveble phone conversation.
    If all had gone smothly I would have forgone this one but as soon as you start distrusting a person or company you start doubting all.
    I snapped a pic of the oil can that was in the workshop
    IMG_20150317_124042380.jpg

Conclusion:
    As I no longer trust them to touch my car! Didn't not complained about the diff bushing or the starter motor.

Arietis, i am sorry to hear about your experience with Das autoworks.... I woul advise you to go see Shak @ Octane... I had a similar unfortunate experience at DAS a couple of years ago :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    Current
    E92 M3 2011
    # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
    # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
    # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
    E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
    # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
    # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
    # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Thanks Shokerg1

Will give it a try.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your troubles.

That's a nice oil can.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

[NOTE]Thread moved the right forum - The Review Forum[/NOTE]
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Holy crap!!.. Man..

Speechless.. :curse:

When are you in town next, beer o'clock?:Oo:
            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Working...
            X