BMW Z4M S54 CSL intake install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Z4M S54 CSL intake install.

Install log for helping others. ;P Any questions, feel free to hit me up. :scared:

If you have any doubt at all attempting this yourself, please do yourself a MASSIVE favour and go and see Shak at Octane, he's da man!!

Parts list inserted here:

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

There are varying air boxes available, lots of threads about them out there, and also about just as many different Tunes available. If your going to run one of these air boxes on your S54, don't do it unless your willing to go Alpha-N. If you want to keep your MAF (and rightly so for most applications ) id suggest you go with the Eventuri intake made by Evolve. Give Ihmran a shout at Evolve, great piece of quality kit that.

After many months of research, I went with Randy from Epic motorsports. His race proven tune seems to be the one people have the least hassle with. Your milage may vary, please do your own research.

FInally had a few days off after sorting a few other minor issues with the car and started on this.

Had this hardware at my house for a while(read nearly a year:curse:), took quite some time to sort the mounting/extra bits and pieces required to make this work. :$ <-- read.. too much of a slack *** and having way too much fun playing with my little kids instead. :wub:

New OEM CSL TB boots, and OEM clamps. :w00t: (yes they are my pyjama pants cut in bits inside the TB.)

And

Note: notice the re-located dipstick.. no bending required, just remove and re-insert into new location.
    Alpha - N tune by Randy from
    Still need to fit top Vacuum line and then fit the snorkel, thats going to be the difficult bit. :Oo:

The prep for the snorkel has started.

Shows the difference between the OEM air intake inlet and the CSL intake size... roughly about 4 x bigger. :drool:

One Karbonious CSL Snorkel. Note huge intake size.. :wub:

Nearly done, snorkel only left to be fitted, but of course judging by the size, something will need to give. :curse:

This thing really is HUGE... :drool:

And then finally .. its on! :w00t:

You also note the new vacuum line i needed to make exiting out of the top of the intake, this one goes to the OEM elbow one.

Pretty happy with how this turned out. I just hope it has access to enough air. :$

Now gotta solder up the IAT plug and wire, then install the tune.. hopefully finished before my Bali trip.

*** hind sight.. In Bali now, car still on the operating table in my driveway ***

- - - - - - - - - -

Bimmerworld on the left, oem CSL on right..

:'( Stuff up.. The Epic Alpha-N tune recommends the bimmerworld IAT probe.. no sweat, bought that, but also in the process of finding all the other bits and pieces that make up the install i also by accident ordered the OEM CSL IAT.. bloody lucky as the bimmerworld one is never ever :Oo: going to fit into this box..

- - - - - - - - - -

all sorted, now just need to wire/solder up the MAF connector end.

No flap on my snorkel. Flap is for sound (road rego only), :curse: so not required here for me (i hope, wait until rego comes around..:curse:), also to get the flap motor working with Oem CSL maps you need the original OEM CSL DME, or know someone that can clone it, including modding the H bridge to it, and a few other bits and pieces. The DME on my zed being incompatible with the CSL dme software/hardware.

More to come...
    Last edited by Vanne; 01-02-2016, 08:53 AM.
    Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Very nice

Should sound epic
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

You got me drooling now

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, so here we go, Hooking up the IAT probe to the MAF cable. Only 2 cables required, and in any order.

Pretty darn easy actually. The yellow one of the right is number 5, and the ones you need are 1 and 3. :scared:

all depends on how you want to do this, i went pretty much the whole hog and just cut the plug off. It makes for a much cleaner look, and if I ever need to go back to stock, ill re-solder the plug. easy!

Prepped for soldering. :Oo:

:w00t:

:wub: Finished :D

Installing the Tune..

And here is to hoping that that car will start...
        Last edited by Vanne; 03-02-2016, 06:38 AM.
        Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

awesome bro! what are the expected gains?
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Lol, capturing this sound is pretty impossible.. however, for the book, here it is... and yeah, thats my undies. :Oo:

http://vid1183.photobucket.com/album...203-WA0000.mp4 anything more than revving with no load past 4.5k is just silly.

Love it!!! :wub:

Wazif, gains by itself around 10 to 20 probably, but much better with pipes and cames. Obviously depending on what tune you go with. As speculated in the opening post, for horsepower/ead, this is not a good mod. You can extract much more power for ead with going FI. ESS make a great little kit, stage 1 which is around the same price as this setup. But... Once you hear that S54 growl through this box.... Heaven.. :wub:

Have done about 300km in the last 2 days, absolutely freakin loving it, no codes so far and no lights on the dash. I'll pull the codes /if any after I get back from my next trip.

Really happy with it
            Last edited by Vanne; 05-02-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

That looks and sounds great! Nice work :)

Comment

That's awesome, good job

Comment

The CF Intake on the S54 is legendary! That's a neat job and one helluva sexy sound! Congrats!
                  Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                  Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                  Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                  Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                  1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                  Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                  eMail:
                  Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I love this [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    Current
                    E92 M3 2011
                    # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                    # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                    # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                    E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                    # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                    # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                    # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Thanks, I love it too, the sound is addictive..

Comment

Wow impressive stuff. Might also be worth checking out our Kinetechnik workshop at the moment as you can see from our King of Desert Pro Drift BMW V10 short clip here Kinetechnik BMW M3 V10 Pro Drift short VT - YouTube our beloved BMW's can pump out some awesome noise, pre-rule change F1 engine sound, cant be beaten, and check out the discount and free towing service from anywhere in the UAE we have runningSpecial Discount Offers April 2017.jpg

Contact Details: +971-2-5506056
                        Emails:
                        Customer service: info@km-uae.com
                        Customer sales: sales@km-uae.com
                        High performance/Tuning: tuning@km-uae.com

Comment

Working...
                        X