X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure test

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well :)
    Having real issues with my car running high temps at totally random times. Like i drove for 40 minutes sat still in traffic for 20 minutes everything fine no issues. Then got back in the car to drive home after 15 minutes the temp went right up had to pull over. Sat in the car park last night with the car cold, took of the expansion tank cap and started the car up. Let it run for a while to see if the water pump was pumping wather through the expansion tank and it wasnt but the fan was kicking in fine after about 20 minutes the water in the expansion tank started to rise and the so did the heat but the fan wouldnt come on..... really i am at a loss to whats going on and wondering if anyone else had any idea. When i squeeze the top hose it has air in it should this not be full of water ? The heater was by passed so i cant do the normal way of bleeding. I have parked it on a slope and topped it up that way but still have random heating up issues. Does anyone have a pressure test kit i can borrow to see if i can find a leak ? I have replaced the expansion tank and the cap a few months ago so it cant be that. I am thinking thermostat, water pump or fan clutch maybe ?????

Oh and its a b10 Alpina 2001

Cheers guys

Rob

looks like your fan clutch is acting up.

Comment

try to watch up fan clutch from cold start with AC on till the temp reach up ,, your clutch must work faster than normal operator ,, if its working fine ,,, your way for thermostat
      sigpic
      • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
      and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X