Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW X6 2011 tyres

Hi Guys,

I have a BMW X6 35i with dunlop RFT. These tyres have become very noisy and the control is not good.

I have read a few post regarding RFTs not as good as the regular ones in terms of performance and noise.

Can somebody recommend good tyres for my car (for RFT or Regular)?

My wheel specs are:
    275-40R20-106w
    315-35R20-110W

Ali

Hi Ali,

We have pirelli on board as sponsors as well as Orange Auto who provide good discounts on Continental tyres. I've personally heard good reviews on both with the preference of Conti's for smoothness and less noise.

Suggest you give them both a call and get a quote for your tyres.

Contact details can be found in our sponsors sections.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hi Wasif,
      I Contacted Pirelli today, after the discount they were charging AED9000 for the RFT tyres. I could not get a quote from Orange Auto for Continental tyres.

However I went out and bought bridgestone dueller H/P sports RFT which have good reputation and a reasonable price. The noise have disappeared for now while driving ... lets hope it stays like this for a while :)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
      Ali

Comment

Most welcome Ali. Sorry we were not able to be of much help. The Pirelli RFT's are very expensive. but yea, i personally would have opted for non RFT's as they have dont have the reinforced shoulders and sidewalls which make the tyres harder and hence noisier. Hope the noise level stays low with the bridgestones (they are good tyres as well!)
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
        X