Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Party Extended Warranty

Hey guys

Has anybody of you dealt with a 3rd Party Extended Warranty provider here in the UAE?

I've seen a company named Gulf Warranties but could not contact them.

as far as i know, they offer very limited warranty...but i could be wrong..
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

OK, so I got the info.
      For a 2-year / 50,000km extended warranty, premium is 3k AED but only a maximum of 2.5k AED per claim.

Maybe for a Toyota......

Comment

does it cover all mechanical, electrical faults?
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Yep.

Here's what he sent me. What do you think?

Comment

my friend tried them on a camaro. it wasnt bad.

but you know how much bmw parts cost compared to jap and american cars. i'm curious to see if it's feasible.

they do have a good online comparison with what packages they offer.

Comment

Exactly my sentiment for BMWs.

I'm about to buy a 2010 535xi and wanted parts to be covered in some ways in case they breakdown.

Comment

the coverage seems good, but yes, i echo the same as what you and bruno said about the coverage cost. 2.5k is less in case of major component failure.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Yeah the gear alone is a big cost and 2.5 k does not cover much , since it is costing 3 K anyway...
                  sigpic
                  Current
                  E92 M3 2011
                  # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                  # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                  # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                  E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                  # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                  # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                  # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

I appreciate this is an old thread, but this may help for anyone thinking about buying the warranty. Simply, don't! In my opinion, it's a complete waste of time and money.

When I bought my X5M, the dealer (non franchise) told me they had a great after market warranty. The company - AAA. I paid 3500AED for 12m of cover. Mistake.

Admittedly, this warranty offers up to 5000AED per claim from a limited network.

So, my parking brake actuator failed - not covered. Cost to repair 5500AED

Fuel injectors failed - not covered. Cost to repair 7000AED

Water pump failed - not covered. Cost to repair 500AED

Wishbones cracked - not covered. Cost to repair 6000AED

The AAA doesn't cover anything apart from the 'main' components as seen on the image earlier.

At the end of the day, it was my own fault for trusting the dealer when they told me they had a great warranty that covered everything. I didn't get a chance to witness the coverage before buying. So I admit, they truly pulled my pants down on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Comment

Working...
                    X