E92 M3 - S65 V8 4.0L - Stage 2 Tune - Simon Motorsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E92 M3 - S65 V8 4.0L - Stage 2 Tune - Simon Motorsport

Alright, this thread is not for weak-hearted people.

Brace yourselves, a lengthy thread ahead...

-----

So I had a stock manual E92 M3 and of course like any other petrolhead, I wanted more... Since Simon Motorsport became a Sponsor recently, I had decided to book an appointment and apply for a customized aggressive tune that would stand out amongst other cars.

I had visited the workshop at 10:00 AM in the morning and gave my baby to Simon (The man himself) to work on the car. Of course because I was so excited, I couldn't leave the workshop and wanted to stay by car and watch how it is done, and boy I was impressed.

-----

1. Dyno (Before)

We did Dyno the car before we do anything to set a benchmark and work our way around the power curve onwards.

So as expected, the car did perform well on Maha Dyno and gave me these results.

A Note:Now just to give you a good piece of information. People at this point would be expecting the peak numbers to increase dramatically, which is wrong, because this is not how Tunes work on NA cars. The goal is to increase an entire power curve/torque curve so that the car performs better throughout the entire curve. An increase in the peak number is obviously expected nevertheless.

So now our target was to raise the entire curve and boost the low-end. S65 engines are known to have low end torque which is unfortunate.

2. Tuning Stage

Simon started doing his magic and started working on engine parameters to get the car leaner and worked on altering the engine timing in order to achieve the best results. Long story short, we had spent 15 hours of our time and did about 22 dyno runs until we actually found the perfect combination of powerful and safe.

Below is a dyno comparison between stock and tune throughout all RPMs.

---

3000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +38 BHP
    WHP Gain: + 35 WHP
    TQ Gain: + 84 Nm

---

3500 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +61 BHP
    WHP Gain: +62 WHP
    TQ Gain: +124 Nm

---

4000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +27 BHP
    WHP Gain: +29 WHP
    TQ Gain: +48 Nm

---

4500 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +10 BHP
    WHP Gain: +12 WHP
    TQ Gain: +12 Nm

---

6000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +32 BHP
    WHP Gain: +35 WHP
    TQ Gain: +39 Nm

---

7000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +14 BHP
    WHP Gain: +17 WHP
    TQ Gain: +15 Nm

---

8200 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +2 BHP
    WHP Gain: +5 WHP
    TQ Gain: +2 Nm

---

DynoJet Numbers

The car did 369 WHP with 51C intake temperature. I believe these are fairly good results all in all.

-----

3. Top Speed Test

BMW E92 M3 - Top Speed 334 kph - YouTube

Disclaimer: This was done on a closed circuit, do NOT attempt on public roads.

-----

4. Minor Touches

I had realized later on that my exhaust O-Rings are worn out and were leaking the entire time we were doing the dyno. As well as a leaking Air Intake seals. I had my car serviced, replaced the parts and went for another final dyno (in this heat!) but only this time, I had installed Macht Schnell Stage 2 Underdrive Pulley Kit.

So I hit the dyno again and went for another shot. The below images are comparison between my Tune run and Tune+Pulley run.

---

2000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +4 BHP
    WHP Gain: +3 WHP

---

2500 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +16 BHP
    WHP Gain: +14 WHP
    TQ Gain: +44 Nm

---

3000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +50 BHP
    WHP Gain: +46 WHP
    TQ Gain: +18 Nm

---

3500 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +18 BHP
    WHP Gain: +14 WHP
    TQ Gain: +33 Nm

---

4000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +11 BHP
    WHP Gain: +6 WHP
    TQ Gain: +19 Nm

---

4500 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +9 BHP

---

5000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +7 BHP
    WHP Gain: +2 WHP
    TQ Gain: +9 Nm

---

5500 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +13 BHP
    WHP Gain: +8 WHP
    TQ Gain: +16 Nm

---

6000 RPM Comparison

BHP Gain: +10 BHP
    TQ Gain: +12 Nm

---

No Data for 6500, 7000, 7500, 8000, 8200 RPM.
    The reason why we didn't go for higher comparison was due to the car/ambient/intake temps being high. The car was adjusting the timing and adapting the the outside temperature and actually decreasing the output on high end. The the comparison would be irrelevant.

-----

5. Conclusion

I am a satisfied customer and extremely happy with the car's performance. The gains are well felt behind the steering wheel and I would like to thank Simon for his dedication, time, and effort. The car is a beast now and possibly one of the fastest NA M3s in the UAE.

More studies will be carried out in the winter where the car would give out it's maximum performance, and of course more Dyno results.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Thanks for the nice and detailed writeup!!!

Very happy that you are satisfied with the result and i am also glad that you stayed for the entire process so you got an idea about what it means to do a custom tune and why there are so many differences.
    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
    Dubai Investment Park 2
    The Curve Building Complex
    Warehouse No.1
    P.O Box 28638
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Office: +97148830851
    Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
    Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Motorsport View Post
      Thanks for the nice and detailed writeup!!!

Very happy that you are satisfied with the result and i am also glad that you stayed for the entire process so you got an idea about what it means to do a custom tune and why there are so many differences.
      Once again, thank you got your continuous support Simon!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Well done on a great drtailed thread!!needs a sticky!!

Amazing work Simon!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

The most detailed S65 NA tune I read anywhere ! Good job Rifo , Glad you are happy bro ..

Enjoy the added ponies :thumbsup2:

2008 E90 M3 6MT - Nardo Grey - Harrop TVS1740 SC @ 6.5PSI - UCP Pedal - Bullet Valvtronic Exhaust
          - Rouge Engineering Shifter Kit - Fabspeed X-pipe - Evolve test pipes - DEFI CR gauges/P3 Vent Gauge -
          BMW Iconic Custom Headlights - Custom Authentic Alcantara Interior .. And many other mods :P

1996 SC300- AT- SOLD
          2012 Toyota Fortuner - DD
          1994 Toyota Supra MKIV - 883 WHP ;) drag queen - Track only

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
            Well done on a great drtailed thread!!needs a sticky!!

Amazing work Simon!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
            Thanks bro!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by E90_M3_6MT View Post
            The most detailed S65 NA tune I read anywhere ! Good job Rifo , Glad you are happy bro ..

Enjoy the added ponies :thumbsup2:
            You know it bro!!

S65 FTMFW!! :D

Need Assistance?
            eMail:
            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
            X