Need to login upon every visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to login upon every visit

I have ensured to always stay logged in the first time I sign on to the forums

But if I leave the page and come back, I would see the login button on the top as if I wasn't logged in and some sub-forums are not visible....

If I hit the login button, I am not prompted to enter my credentials but simply takes me to the profile page ( http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/profile.php ), again, as if I was already logged in. So why isn't it showing that I am logged in upon the first visit. This is the only forum where I have this problem. Happens on both Chrome and Firefox
    Last edited by Phoenix; 12-09-2016, 01:12 AM.

Noted, I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      I have ensured to always stay logged in the first time I sign on to the forums

But if I leave the page and come back, I would see the login button on the top as if I wasn't logged in and some sub-forums are not visible....

If I hit the login button, I am not prompted to enter my credentials but simply takes me to the profile page ( http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/profile.php ), again, as if I was already logged in. So why isn't it showing that I am logged in upon the first visit. This is the only forum where I have this problem. Happens on both Chrome and Firefox
      Cookies disabled?
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
        Cookies disabled?
        No they're enabled, this happens on any browser and every device like a Windows laptop, apple iphone, and Android Phone

Comment

I'm reading your message here, and you're saying the following:

If you leave the page, and go backwards, the login boxes re-appear...

A quick analysis.. If you click back, then the page with the login boxes appear again to you, while you're still being logged in. IF you try to login one more time, it'll take you the default page, which is your profile page. I don't think there could be an actual problem.

Solution to try:
          Try to click something, rather than hitting back when you login. Try to follow a link, page, thread to move forward..
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post

A quick analysis.. If you click back, then the page with the login boxes appear again to you, while you're still being logged in. IF you try to login one more time, it'll take you the default page, which is your profile page. I don't think there could be an actual problem.

Solution to try:
            Try to click something, rather than hitting back when you login. Try to follow a link, page, thread to move forward..
            No what I mean is, I have to login upon every visit to the forum despite me having had clicked the stay logged button.

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post

Solution to try:
              I fixed the issue by changing my bookmark from:

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/

to

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/index.php

now I am logged in the moment I visit that URL

I figureed it was a URL problem after all because when I used to visit http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/ , I appeared not logged in, but the moment I clicked on any link in the forum, it showed that I AM indeed logged in

Comment

Working...
              X