Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying Used 5 series F10, Any common problems should I know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying Used 5 series F10, Any common problems should I know?

Hi every body, Happy Eid for all of you Shabab.
    Im planning to upgrade from 3 series E46- to 5 series f10 Used (2011-2013) I've small family one daughter and another is coming Insha-Allah in the way:) , That's why Im planning to get a littel bigger Bmw like F10 528-530-535i, depends on the price and car options I get. I don't prefer to go lower in performance (523-520). 6 cylinder is my choice.

I've searched and read in many forum (US & UK) about some common problems in f10, but I want to know if we have experienced any problems with f10 models here in meddle east, specially after 100,000km (Transmission, engine, Turbo, Engine cooling sys etc...). As you know the hot weather here can make many problems that may not common in US or Europe. specially if you drive high mileage daily.

So Just need your help to know some answers that going to help me to decide:

1- Any common problem in these models specially after 100K ?
    2- Do you think the reliability become better than previous model E60?
    3- Do you recommend it for daily use?
    4- Do you think the Naturally Aspirated like 528-530i is better reliability than 535i?
    5- Do you recommend buying Japan imported F10? (even though they don't come with nice specs as Abu Dhabi specs. but they have low mileage and clean as new and may get in good price through Japan Auction)

Im not new in BMW world. I've owned 3 before since 2001, so hope that I got a nice experience in how to care and maintain. and I like to Do it my self if I can.

I hope not bother you with my bla bla bla:D , and thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Maxi; 20-09-2016, 02:27 PM.

Not Sure about the F10, but id always go for the japan import over the Gulf specs as most of them are abused, and japan imports are known to be clean with low milage.

I have driven one its really nice and comfy. im sure the F10 freaks will help you out ;)
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

I have a F10 530i at home which has done about 72,000 kms. Just got it back after service during which they changed the ignition coils because i complained of slight vibrations in the cabin during idling (nothing serious, but i have OCD when it comes to these things :))

Besides that the 530i has given us absolutely NO trouble at all. very reliable, very smooth and an excellent daily/family car!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i would stick to GCC specs if i were you. there are some really good deals out there for f10s that were imported from GCC countries for some reason. go NA for a more reliable experience, but it doesn't mean you will not spend a penny. You probably know by now that they all require some care.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
          I have a F10 530i at home which has done about 72,000 kms. Just got it back after service during which they changed the ignition coils because i complained of slight vibrations in the cabin during idling (nothing serious, but i have OCD when it comes to these things :))

Besides that the 530i has given us absolutely NO trouble at all. very reliable, very smooth and an excellent daily/family car!
          I have heard about 530i reliability. and its performance is good as well (270hp). Not like 535i for sure, but still good for its size and weight.

What year model is your f10?

Thank you ..

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          i would stick to GCC specs if i were you. there are some really good deals out there for f10s that were imported from GCC countries for some reason. go NA for a more reliable experience, but it doesn't mean you will not spend a penny. You probably know by now that they all require some care.
          Actually the best features I've found in F10, is GCC abo Dhabi. Japan Specs is poor. no thing. I have access to the Auction, and I rarely find one Lane control or blind spot. it's very hard to find, some times i find with comfort seats that have ventilation. while GCC specs Abo Dhabi or Dubai I found many with head up display, blind spot, comfort seats... etc. That's why I prefer to buy from Abo Dhabi or Dubai. But Japan imported cars is clean as new that what let me consider buying from there.

by the way what do you mean by "go NA for a more reliable experience" what is NA?

Thanks,
          Last edited by Maxi; 26-09-2016, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxi View Post
            I have heard about 530i reliability. and its performance is good as well (270hp). Not like 535i for sure, but still good for its size and weight.

What year model is your f10?

Thank you ..

- - - - - - - - - -

Actually the best features I've found in F10, is GCC abo Dhabi. Japan Specs is poor. no thing. I have access to the Auction, and I rarely find one Lane control or blind spot. it's very hard to find, some times i find with comfort seats that have ventilation. while GCC specs Abo Dhabi or Dubai I found many with head up display, blind spot, comfort seats... etc. That's why I prefer to buy from Abo Dhabi or Dubai. But Japan imported cars is clean as new that what let me consider buying from there.

by the way what do you mean by "go NA for a more reliable experience" what is NA?

Thanks,
            Hi Maxi,

Mine is a 2012 model. NA means Naturally Aspirated (Engine without turbo's).
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hi Maxi

The blind spot i agree isnt ordered into the vehicles here, but this can always be retrofitted by the dealership or you can buy it online. My friend did this and works a charm

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE
              sigpic
              Current
              E92 M3 2011
              # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
              # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
              # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
              E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
              # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
              # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
              # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Working...
              X