Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolve Round 1 - 7th of Oct 2016 - Dubai Autodrome Oval Circuit

Dear Members,

We have managed to secure 15 spots for BMW owners to take part in this fun autocross event.

Please read through carefully before putting your name down:

Click below for Rules & Regulations:
    Evolve Fun Speed Run 2016-2017.pdf

Event Date: 7th October 2017
    Time: 11:00 to 17:00 hrs.
    First car on track: strictly at 13:00 (Briefing & Track Familiarization at 12:45)

Click Below link for Google Maps location to follow:
    Google Maps
    Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 9.02.33 PM.png

Registration Stops once we reach the limit of 45 cars

Please note that registration on the day will happen outside the Oval Circuit between 11:30 to 12:30. Cars will then head to the track at 12:30 PM for familiarization and briefing. Track Access to Oval Circuit will be closed from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM

Ensure you make it by no later than 12:15 to ensure your registration is confirmed and have enough time to head to the track. At 12:15 PM, We will start taking entries from Reserve List.

What you need:
    1. A car, any car as long as it NOT an SUV or 4x4
    2. AED 400 per car or driver. (to be confirmed)
    3. Pay AED100 if you do not have a helmet.
    4. Wear closed shoes.
    5. Make sure the car has a full tank of "go-go" juice.
    6. Make sure your car is clear of loose items.
    7. Bring your camera's / go-pro's etc

RWD-Stock

RWD-Modified

There will be trophies given out by evolve for all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in all categories (FWD-S, FWD-M, RWD-S, RWD-M, AWD-S, AWD-M, and Racecars)

BMW Club UAE will also give out trophies for the top 3 BMWs in the RWD-M and RWD-S Category. you can consider this a small fun championship. Please note: this is not an official timed event, it's only meant to be for fun. lets go and have some fun.

for those who don't know what autocross is, check this out

- - - - - - - - - -

Some names that i know are

RWD-Stock
    1. Ramzi / M3
    2. Hani / M3

RWD-Modified
    1. Fadi / 135i
    2. Ajimmy / M3
    3. Bruno / M3
    Last edited by Bruno; 28-09-2016, 12:51 PM.

Updated:

RWD-Stock
    1. Ramzi / M3
    2. Hani / M3
    3. Sari /M3

RWD-Modified
    1. Fadi / 135i
    2. Ajimmy / M3
    3. Bruno / M3
    - E82, 1M - Current
    • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
    - E30, 316 Touring - Current
    • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
    - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
    E36, 318 Touring Sold
    E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

RWD-Stock
      1. Ramzi / M3
      2. Hani / M3
      3. Sari /M3

RWD-Modified
      1. Fadi / 135i
      2. Ajimmy / M3
      3. Bruno / M3
      4. Hasan / M3
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I updated the entry fee and the helmet rental fee as per the organizer pricing scheme.

Sent from my Oneplus One

Comment

400 is quite expensive. They are making good money out of it.
          sigpic

Comment

No autodrome sadly bumped up the price on them this year

Sent from my Oneplus One

Comment

They were always making money out of it. 45 cars @ 400 dhs each is AED 18,000.

I don't believe they are paying AED 18,000 to the autodrome.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                They were always making money out of it. 45 cars @ 400 dhs each is AED 18,000.

I don't believe they are paying AED 18,000 to the autodrome.

Hi Hassan,
                I came across this comment and thought back and forth on whether or not to bother with a long and boring response but I thought I should because it is kinda irritating when we get grilled for a whole weekend to put a great event together and then see such feedback which is neither constructive nor useful except the fact that it just leaves a negative vibe to an otherwise one of the only fun events that motor heads get in a place where getting involved in competitive and fun motorsport is very expensive.

First off, not really sure what point you are trying to make with the rates, and not that I have to share any details with you, but you must remember that on top of the rates we pay to DA to hire a track (which have increased this season, for full circuit and for any part of the circuit), there are Marshal fees that are not provided by DA (those are the people who run to pick the cones up after they get knocked down on an average of 20-30 times in an event), fees of the beverages which we provide on a day enough to accommodate drivers and all of their guests, the fees we pay to make fancy(ish) trophies, stickers so we can read the timing, facebook ads to advertise each event, photographers in some cases so that participants can get some nice pictures of their cars, which we use for spreading the word about an event that is considered a grass root motorsport, and has massively grown in the last couple of years where we made a loss on almost every event because we only had 20-25 cars on a run.

After everyone leaves the event, we spend an hour collecting empty cans of water, Pepsi and juice along with the paid marshals because nobody cared to even put that in a trash can we provided, removing all cones etc to give the place back to DA in the same condition received.

Then comes the part of paying DA or YAS the price of helmets that some drivers did not even have the courtesy of returning, and you might want to check with either DA or YAS on the price of a lost helmet, you will understand how expensive they may be.

After all of these effort that kill 8-9 weekends of 5 organizers in a racing season, and once we see we have made some profit, we throw in a track day to everybody at half of the rates you would pay to DA or YAS at the end of the season ( we cover the other half from whatever profit made, I remember we gave a YAS track day at 350 and a DA track day at 450), yet we still get a comment such as yours that we are "always" making money out of it at 350 AED because you assumed that we simply pay DA, get everyone together to pay us money and just run an event as simple as that and go back home with a bag full of cash!

I don't really appreciate you throwing around random figures online when you don't really know the costs involved in running such a similar event, if you do know of another similar type of motorsport event in the UAE where you can get 5-6 laps (plus top 10 runs when time allows) around a good circuit, for less money, then by all means, please join it and have fun, from my knowledge though, the UAE autocross championship may be a similar kind of event, but it's never been run on anything bigger than a car park area, costs more than Evolve Fun Runs and there are race license fees involved, not to mention you wont get more than 3 runs.

I would highly appreciate that if you have any constructive feedback or a suggestion that you believe could benefit everyone, please inbox it to me, otherwise, please try to stay way from throwing figures online as this is the kind of thing that kills such events.

Thank you.

Comment

You are absolutely correct. Your response is emotional and boring.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank you again for another absolutely useless response.

Comment

Indeed. It was as useless as yours. But at least it was shorter.
                      sigpic

Comment

As useless as your driving and times have been in every event :)
                        Enjoy your day.

Comment

Slightly more useless than my driving and times for sure :)

Why didn't you put my name on the list?
                          sigpic

Comment

As simple as that fact that your not welcome with this sort of attitude. I'm sure there are cheaper events to join. We both know it isn't your first time leaving Negative and non constructive feedback so obviously you should not be interested to join.

We have a long reserve list of drivers who are genuinely interested to join and have fun.

Comment

It takes a lot of courage to accept the truth. You may consider my comments negative or non constructive, but they are true. As for history, bring it forward and we can discuss it. Just don't throw baseless claims.

You need to grow up sweetheart.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X