Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Protect Body?

Hey everyone,

Been reading these forums for some time, finally decided to join! I recently bought an X6 after owning a 3 series coupe for many years. While the x6 is an upgrade in many ways, the paint seems to be my biggest issue with it. Literally any time that I go to a public parking lot I leave with a paint chip, I have the Sophisto Gray colour and it takes the most minimum touch for paint to just chip off and leave a mark.

So my question is: what is the best way to protect the paint? I have read about clear bras, ceramic protection, nano protection etc... I understand none of these would actually protect the car from a reckless child that would swing their car door open on my car, but is there something I can do to at least minimize damage?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome on board :)

The paint protection film (PPF) by producers like 3M or Xpel are you best bet against paint chips. Another approach is to get something called door-shox, these magnetic rubber pads have to be installed manually every time you park your car in the mall. But it acts as a barrier between your door and anything else in the parking next to you :).
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
      Welcome on board :)

The paint protection film (PPF) by producers like 3M or Xpel are you best bet against paint chips. Another approach is to get something called door-shox, these magnetic rubber pads have to be installed manually every time you park your car in the mall. But it acts as a barrier between your door and anything else in the parking next to you :).
      Thank you for the welcome and the feedback Wazif. Do you have any recommendations on a reputable place I could install PPF on my car?

Door-shox sounds interesting, but knowing myself I would definitely forget to put them on every time I park, so PPF sounds like a better plan.

Comment

I got mine done from our sponsor Orange Auto who use 3M films . Good results so far and comes with a 5 year warranty

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hi I would like to have that Door-shox where can i get them, can you show me the picture? I need it urgently to protect car from reckless people. Everytime I go to the public parking always leave with mark on my car. Thank you

Comment

Hi [MENTION=189484]IdaS[/MENTION] ...i got mine from abroad. Dont have any pics at the moment, but here is the link to their website
            Magnetic Car Door Protection, Car Door Protectors, Car Door Guards, Prevent Car Door Dings and Dents
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks Wazif I can get them from desertcart:)

Comment

Originally posted by IdaS View Post
                Thanks Wazif I can get them from desertcart:)
                Yea, but were more expensive last time i checked.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

yessss they are and only 2 pieces! I wish there is someone sell them out the second one:?

Comment

Working...
                  X