Alternative oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative oil

Anyone have experience with the Liqui Moly 10W60 oil for the 335i (FBO)? Stumbled across what seems a reasonable deal on Dubai petrolheads.com (if the oil is genuine that is)

LIQUI MOLY SYNTHOIL RACE TECH 10W60 FULLY SYNTHETIC

Why do you want to change the BMW OEM 10w-60. I think it is better to stick with the genuine oil but this is my opinion, I might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Comment

In Canada people are big on Royal purple and Liqui moly Synthetics.
      Here not so much, and dont have a reason for that.

I think its more of piece of mind.
      I personally prefer "smaller" sized companies as I feel they're less commercial.

Comment

thats cheaaap !! I moved from Castrol to BMW 10/60 but I feel that the engine with the castrol oil was a bit more quite for some reason. Liqui and motul are some of the best racing oils out there so its worth a shot. [MENTION=395]shak[/MENTION] any input?
        sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
        Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
        Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
        Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
        Black 1986 E28 535i
        Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
        Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
        Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

I am running liquid moly 10w60 right now.. so far so good. German made is a good sign! Will let you know the results after 10K

sigpic
          Current
          E92 M3 2011
          # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
          # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
          # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
          E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
          # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
          # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
          # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Liqui molly is the heaviest 10W-60 in the market.
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I will track the car shortly and will let you know how it performs
              sigpic
              Current
              E92 M3 2011
              # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
              # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system

Previous
              # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
              # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'

Comment

How will you know how it performs? Are you going to do a before and after oil analysis?

It is the best oil for regular track use. Unfortunately, we don't track our cars enough.
                sigpic

Comment

I will use behavioral observation rather than qualitative observation methodology. Will see how long takes to warm up. How the car performs on the track with temperature. What is the max temp it reaches. What the ambient temp is, what would be the temp profile in the summer months.. etcc.

sigpic
                  Current
                  E92 M3 2011

Previous

E60 M5 'me Julie'

Comment

Sounds good (Y)
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks buddy! Will keep everyone posted!

sigpic
                      Current
                      E92 M3 2011

Previous

E60 M5 'me Julie'

Comment

Working...
                      X