Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXPORT OF BMW 528I FROM ABU DHABI TO SAN FRANCISCO

Hi

I am an owner of a 2013 BMW 528i car - bought it in Abu Dhabi at AUH Motors - VIN Number is WBAXG3106DDW40025. A quick search on the internet says that the car is manufactured in Germany and is a EUR model as opposed to GCC.

I want to ship my car from Abu Dhabi to San Francisco - Do you have any knowledge regarding whether my car would be cleared by USA customs - are there any modifications required or not ? Some say is it impossible to be cleared for road use in USA - I don't have any valid justification from them :)

I have also heard that the car wont be suitable for the climatic conditions - since it would be freezing here - Well California has hot desert as well with temperatures reaching 45 deg C :) which is similar to climatic conditions of Abu Dhabi.

Does anyone here have experience of exporting a car from UAE to USA that was bought in UAE ? Can you provide me details of how to go about doing this. Please provide me few of names of shipping companies based here in Abu Dhabi as well. That will be great. Thanks.

It would be of great help to me - I cant let go of my BMW :) Expert help is appreciated.

Climate wise you should be fine. The car should take that with arms wide open.

I believe you have to install reflectors on the front bumpers and sort out a few things regarding the headlights daytime running lights or whatever it's called , and I'm not sure if the taillights differs from us spec. I also believe the US versions get some extra cats for emissions.

usually someone from bmw NA or the customs in the states needs needs to tell you what has to be altered on the car to be accepted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3

Comment

Working...
    X