X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X6 3.5xi suspension issues + oil leaks

Hey guys,

Hope all is well.
    I would like to ask if anyone has had suspension issues or replaced any suspension parts on an X6.
    I have a few bits to do. Also oil seals and some small leaks.
    I have screenshots of the things needed to be done.

My plan is to get them done before my RTA road test.

Would like to hear your experiences and advises.
    Is it worth doing all the items on the list.

Its BMW X6 2009 3.5xi E71.

Thanks guys.
    :w00t:

Interms of worth it, no one can answer that but you. Are you keeping the car or selling it?

It's a long list of repairs and I suggest you break it down to priority. Take it to another shop and see what they say is priority and I'm sure the list will shrink to half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with the above mentioned notes. Prioritizing based on absolutes for reliability and safety and a second opinion is always a good idea. If you're car savy I would def ask your advisor if you could have a look under the vehicle to see the severity of the leaks and worn items. I'd get a second opinion to verify the leaks are from the oil pan and not coming from above. Surface cracks are quiet normal to observe on BMW bushings as they are coated with protective layer. If they have been replaced fairly recently and have already worn out your techs are not installing them properly. All bushings must be tightened under static load. If not they will wear prematurely. I noticed they only mentioned replacing one wishbone. Only reason to do that would be a worn out ball joint. Bushings up front are all replaceable items without needing to replace the front thrust arm or rear control control arm. I would never quote one side without doing the other unless it's been damaged. That type of service should always be quoted and done in pairs.

Comment

RTA road check

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for advice, much appreciated.
        So i brought the X6 to a car wash on the Umm Suqeim road, they did a good job and steam cleaned(I think) the underside.
        Went straight over to the RTA test centre across the road and the car passed with flying colours! Which was my big worry as its my wife's X6 and she says she won't drive my 435i :Oo:

So now I have the time to fix the problems and not have to worry about passing the RTA road test. I will be bringing the car for a second opinion. I thought the same about replacing only one wishbone, I always thought that you should replace these things in pairs!

I will keep you guys updated,

Thank again. :thumbsup2:

Comment

Working...
        X