Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arbee's 2011 X3 XDrive 35i (F25)

Howzit all,

So we finally took delivery of our X3 yesterday and simply cannot leave it alone for more than an hour. Soon as i picked it up i started with a simple wash as i usually do when i buy a car, it gives me a feel of the car and this is how i take note of its blemishes!

I must say, the condition of this X3 is great, i noticed 1 door ding and a scratch on the entire body. Doesnt look like its had recent paint work either. The body also feels smooth, i suppose its been detailed not too long ago.

After the condition, the next impressive part is the features, i have been drivint BMW's for close to 15 years and i have never owned or seen so many extras. I believe this is a norm here? In SA, we pay for every feature so its seldom you find a fully spec'd car, generally.

Spec list, via BMW Vin Decoder:

The features that really stand out for me are:
    HUD - I have experienced this many times but never owned a car with it.
    Top View - First time seeing this. I have seen Reverse Cam.

Im not sure what some of the other features are, i will soon learn!

The drive ability is so amazing, i guess if you jumping from a Nissan Sunny into any 6 cylinder its going to be amazing but im speaking from the few Beemers i have driven. Its not slow for an SUV, i feel it could be quicker but i guess its a heavy car being Xdrive.

So enough rambling from me, here are some pics...

Will upload a few more shortly!

Comments welcome...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations Arbee. She looks amazing! Enjoy and hope to see you soon at our events.

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
        Congratulations Arbee. She looks amazing! Enjoy and hope to see you soon at our events.

Thanks Wazif. Slim chance i might join this Fridays event. Will confirm tomorrow.

Need to sort out my membership. Will email in the next few weeks to arrange.

Comment

Looking great congrats

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3

Comment

Looks great. Congratulations

Comment

Cleaned out the tail pieces... They will do for now, replacements are being sourced.

Edited this pic to see the tailpieces. Can never capture them. Guess the basement isnt the best for pics anyway.

Comment

Was in the area! Waited for a bit, didnt see any Hypercars flying through the buildings. Etihad Towers is so beautiful. Couldnt help but snap a pic...

Comment

Beautiful car. I don't think I've seen an xDrive 35i X3 here in Oman. Most are 28i and 20i.
                  Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                  19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                  M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Had to get the windows tinted. The sun is intense, dont need to speak about the heat, even in the 'winter'.

I went with a 50% Charcoal shade. 60% heat reduction. Lifetime warranty.
                    Was on a groupon deal so paid almost nothing compared to the full retail price of good quality tinting.

Comment

Not much has happened since the Windows were tinted... Im just enjoying the car so much.

Took it to Car Spa in AD for a proper wash and wax. It made a favorable difference as the car doesnt look dirty when it is. Prior, even when dust settled the car had a brown tinge to it. Now, after 2 weeks without a wash its still white.

Kept getting a "Drivetrain Error" popping up on full boost or WOT (wide open throttle). The dealer we bought the car from suggested taking it to PP Performance. Car was left with them, diagnosed to be a leaking boost pipe. Replaced the pipe and as a bonus, they loaded an updated tune which makes the driveability so much better. Spool up is much more interesting, i see on my iCarly app, the boost is limited per gear and increases beautifully on higher gears.

In almost 4 months, we have done almost 7000km. We are really enjoying the X3.

Some random pics:

I still want to get the Grilles done in Gloss black. I dont know many places so if someone in AD can suggest a good paint shop, that would be great.

Also want to change the wheels later in the year.

And im looking for these (replicas are fine) tail pipes:

Thanks for looking...

Comment

Glad to see you're enjoying the ride :) Check out ebay for your exhaust tip replicas, chances of getting them locally are slim. No experience with paint shops in AUH, but there are a few good ones that we saw at the custom show in AUH. Cant seem to recall their name though. Should be a fairly simple job.

Another option is to get a can of plastidip from ace hardware and DIY.
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                          Glad to see you're enjoying the ride :) Check out ebay for your exhaust tip replicas, chances of getting them locally are slim. No experience with paint shops in AUH, but there are a few good ones that we saw at the custom show in AUH. Cant seem to recall their name though. Should be a fairly simple job.

Another option is to get a can of plastidip from ace hardware and DIY.
                          Thanks Wazif. Need to start attending events more!

Yeah i did see. I think im spoilt as back home in SA my neighbour was a master panel beater. I need to get acquainted here.

Will check out EBay.

Comment

check with Simon our sponsors. They usually have some exhaust tips and unique wheels to go with your X3.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaa.B View Post
                              check with Simon our sponsors. They usually have some exhaust tips and unique wheels to go with your X3.

Glad you're enjoying it.
                              Thanks [MENTION=2807]Alaa.B[/MENTION]

Perhaps it would be worthwhile taking a drive to Dubai and Sharjah to see whats available.

Comment

Working...
                              X