Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E46 330Ci wheels (Need help with sizing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 330Ci wheels (Need help with sizing)

Hey guys,

New member here on the forum, unfortunately couldn't catch you guys at the BBQ Qudra drive but hopefully could make it on the next one.

I'm investing in a new set of wheels to replace my M-Sport ones, but I could use some help with sizes and need your advice to see if they could fit.

Wheels/Tires:
    • Front: 18x8.5 ET35 (Matching with Nitto NT05 245/40R18)
    • Rear: 18x9.5 ET35 (matching with Nitto NT05 265/35R18)

Will I be having any rubbing issues?
    Car will used for sporty driving/track days

and I honestly can't find anyone that has 18" 5x120 wheels with tires mounted so I can check the fitment.

Would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Which wheels do you currently have on your car?

You can use this site to check the style number and current wheel config.
    All BMW wheel styles | BmwStyleWheels.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

I have fitted Style 216 to an E46 330i (not ci) successfully and they have a similar spec to the wheels you want to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbee View Post
        Which wheels do you currently have on your car?

You can use this site to check the style number and current wheel config.
        All BMW wheel styles | BmwStyleWheels.com

I'm currently on my M-Sport wheels which are:
        Front: 17x7.5 ET41 (on 225/45R17)
        Rear: 17x8.5 ET50 (on 245/40R17)

and I'm going for aftermarket wheels, not BMW wheels.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Arbee View Post
        I have fitted Style 216 to an E46 330i (not ci) successfully and they have a similar spec to the wheels you want to buy.

There are 2 variations for Style 216, and the widest is 8.5 by ET37
        I'm seeking 9.5 ET35 or ET30

Comment

My uneducated guess says the wheels will fit. You may need to go with a narrower tyre to avoid it rubbing the fender in bumps or when loaded. I could be wrong...

Comment

Wheels should fit, but i had the same setup wheels with the e36 M3 and they rubbed.

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE
            sigpic
            Current
            E92 M3 2011
            # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
            # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
            # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
            E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
            # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
            # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
            # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Originally posted by AbdullaJaafari View Post
              Hey guys,

New member here on the forum, unfortunately couldn't catch you guys at the BBQ Qudra drive but hopefully could make it on the next one.

I'm investing in a new set of wheels to replace my M-Sport ones, but I could use some help with sizes and need your advice to see if they could fit.

Wheels/Tires:
              • Front: 18x8.5 ET35 (Matching with Nitto NT05 245/40R18)
              • Rear: 18x9.5 ET35 (matching with Nitto NT05 265/35R18)

Will I be having any rubbing issues?
              Car will used for sporty driving/track days

and I honestly can't find anyone that has 18" 5x120 wheels with tires mounted so I can check the fitment.

Would appreciate the help. Thanks.
              I've been through quite a few sets of wheels on my car. I was previously running a 18x9 et35 Lenso wheel with 235 section tires. It wld rub on the fender during hard cornering. If u are planning 18x9.5 I guess it's gonna rub. Currently majority of the 5x120 wheels with 18" are from 5 series which won't be the correct offset. I finally settled on a set of 18x8.5 Style 32 bmw wheels for the rear. ET50 is the oem wheel spec for e46. There is a website willtheyfit.com. U can check ur fitment and how much off ur new fitment will be.
              Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rears will fit without rubbing as long as you fit 225/35/18, also they will have a slight stretch which means less tyre roll for your track days! Win win [emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Comment

Working...
                X