Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Malfunction- Resuced Power

Hi All,

Need some feedback please. My X5m 2011 few days back displaying engine malfunction- reduced power sign. It happens only when I accelerate the car above a certain rpm. Switched it off and on it again, back to normal.

Anyone had similar issues previously?

Appreciate your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using BMW Club UAE

Which X5 is it? 35i?
    Any modifications?

I experienced a Drivetrain error on my X3 35i when accelerated hard in sport mode. Read the codes and i believe its due to the car having an Exhaust system without the necessary software changes. I got a P420 error code when scanned.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arbee View Post
      Which X5 is it? 35i?
      Any modifications?

I experienced a Drivetrain error on my X3 35i when accelerated hard in sport mode. Read the codes and i believe its due to the car having an Exhaust system without the necessary software changes. I got a P420 error code when scanned.

Thanks mate. Well I'm going to take it to Octane garage soon by next week. Really make me stress this issue[emoji12]

Comment

Had that error come up on my 335 not that long ago with the same symptoms as you've described, there could be many reasons. for me though it was the electronic pressure converters that control the turbine control and wastgate control valves, had them replaced and voila. Good luck, hopefully you'll manage to fix it soon [emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Hassan.Mashhady View Post
          Had that error come up on my 335 not that long ago with the same symptoms as you've described, there could be many reasons. for me though it was the electronic pressure converters that control the turbine control and wastgate control valves, had them replaced and voila. Good luck, hopefully you'll manage to fix it soon [emoji1360]

Thanks Hassan[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by shaf2740 View Post
            Thanks Hassan[emoji41]

Any time [emoji1360][emoji41]

Comment

Manyyy parameters to look. You are way better off getting checked by Octance. It can go from a simple low fuel or loos hose to turbos. Let us know how it goes!
              sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
              Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
              Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
              Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
              Black 1986 E28 535i
              Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
              Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
              Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
                Manyyy parameters to look. You are way better off getting checked by Octance. It can go from a simple low fuel or loos hose to turbos. Let us know how it goes!
                Thank you dear...Will go to' Octane soon[emoji41]...Hopefully nothing major

Comment

Drop the car to Octane guys...error 4 showing...injectors and coil need to be replace[emoji12]

Comment

They seem to be common on the x5m and x6m platform. I remember some members having this issue during the warranty phase

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      They seem to be common on the x5m and x6m platform. I remember some members having this issue during the warranty phase

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3
                      Happened with kanso 3.5 x5 it was engine ecu

sigpic
                      • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                      and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Ohhh...ecu sound serious

Comment

Working...
                        X